We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$243.7 billion of net assets as at March 31, 2023.
We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force. Headquartered in Ottawa, PSP Investments has its principal business office in Montréal and offices in New York, London and Hong Kong.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
At PSP, we encourage our employees to grow, forge powerful relationships, contribute and fuel inspired investment launchpads. We are committed to a culture that fosters collaboration and allows us to think beyond, in an interconnected way. We advocate for our employees to speak-up, learn, experiment, share, and be part of an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced.
ABOUT THE TEAM
PSP Investments represents a high-performing and professional work environment. As such, the Advisor will be responsible for the application of the appropriate valuation governance processes and the valuation review of private investments. He/she will participate in preparing the documentation that is needed to be submitted to the valuation committees. Overall, he/she will work in collaboration with the Private Investment teams, Investment Finance and the Taxation group.
Our team’s mandate is to hold organizational accountability over the private investment valuation process, playing a key role in the final valuation recommendation and bringing added value to asset class by the way of analysing data.
More specifically, the team reviews the valuations process and the valuations of all private investments (real estate, private equity, infrastructure, natural resources, credit investments). The team is also responsible for maintaining “best practices” and good governance in private asset valuations.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Senior Analyst/Advisor, Valuation Governance, you’ll:
- Participate in the planning and execution of the quarterly valuation process
- Review valuations prepared by external valuators or the investment team (review relevant documents, assess the valuation methodology and its application, review and challenge financial projections and valuation assumptions and hold discussions with investment teams)
- Participate in the development and/or validation of financial models related to investments
- Analyze the impact of different assumptions on the valuation
- Prepare adequate documentation to support the review process and support the recommended fair values
- Assist with the preparation of summary memorandum
- Work with investment partners to direct, manage and perform appraisal mandates and reviews
- Monitor market events and analyse the impact that these events may have on Infrastructure and Private Equity investment valuations
- Help build and manage the Valuation Governance group’s valuations database
- Participate in the coordination of the external valuators’ mandates
- Respond to questions or information requests from external auditors
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly board reporting with respect to the valuation process for private investments
- Support the team leader in maintaining internal procedures regarding valuation methodologies, process and controls
- Mentor junior team members
- Perform any other duties, as required
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- University degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or comparable
- Relevant Master’s degree is an asset
- Professional designation (e.g. MBA, ACA, CPA, CFA, CBV etc.)
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience
- Experience with valuation of private investments (either through performing valuations or due diligence for private investments or others)
- Experience interacting with senior management
- Proficiency in English and French (or willingness to learn) (frequent interactions in English with PSP employees based in our offices in Hong Kong, London and New York, and interactions in French with employees in our local offices in Montreal and Ottawa)
- Knowledge of sectors into which PSP has private investments,
- Ability to demonstrate sound business judgement
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage constantly changing priorities
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Mature, driven, motivated and ability to take initiative
- Responsible, diligent and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Strong attention to detail and presentation of information
- Superior level of proficiency with business software and analytical tools
We offer a tailored employee experience and competitive total rewards and benefits package* designed to attract and retain global diverse talent, reward performance, and reinforce business strategies and priorities. Beyond salary and incentive pay eligibility, you have access to:
- Investment in career development
- Comprehensive group insurance plans
- Unlimited access to virtual healthcare services and wellness programs
- Competitive pension plans
- Vacation days available on day one with additional days on milestone service anniversaries, and summer Friday afternoons off
- Inclusive paid parental leave policy: up to 26 weeks for primary caregivers, 5 weeks for secondary caregivers
- A flexible hybrid work model with a mix of in-office and remote days based on business groups, teams, and roles
- A hybrid allowance to support any hybrid related needs
*Benefits package may vary based on your employee type.
At PSP, we aim to provide an inclusive workplace where we leverage diversity and where everyone feels valued, safe, respected and empowered to grow. As part of this leadership commitment, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants and strive to offer an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Visit us on www.investpsp.com/en/
Follow us on LinkedIn