CDPQ in short
CDPQ is a global investment group that:
- Has more than 1,450 employees worldwide in more than 40 professions
- Manages $392 billion in net assets at June 30, 2022
- Offers you large-scale projects and a stimulating, collaborative and inclusive environment
CDPQ is you!
- Carry out projects with potential returns and economic benefits for Quebecers
- Collaborate on dynamic teams with high-level professionals committed to shared objectives
- Take on stimulating challenges that reflect your abilities and talent
- Pursue your professional development in an inspiring workplace, with state-of-the-art technology and best environmental practices
- Advantageous working conditions (competitive compensation, flexibility, retirement and benefits)
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
- Varied expertise and innovative technologies
- Competent, motivated, and inclusive teams
About the role:
* The position level and title could be adjusted according to the selected candidate’s profile *
Reporting to the Senior Director, Valuation, the successful candidate’s role is to i) determine the fair values of direct investments and joint venture holdings in the Private Equity, Infrastructure and Fixed Income portfolios (with a focus on Infrastructure) biannually and ii) serve as a valuation advisor. You will also play a role in establishing the risk-return relationship for the price for new investments opportunities and iii) produce cross-functional portfolio analyses. You will work closely with investment managers and analysts on any question regarding corporate valuation. You will also present and eventually defend your position to managers, auditors and the Valuation Committee.
- 1. Bi-annual valuations
- Support and train analysts and advisors on determining the fair value of direct investments and joint venture holdings.
- Periodically estimate the fair value of more complex direct investments and joint venture portfolio holdings by using recognized valuation methodologies (comparable transactions, earnings multiples of comparable publicly traded corporations, discounted cash-flow models, etc.).
- Present and defend valuations that are complex or involve unusual situations to investment teams and the Valuation Committee.
- Answer external auditors’ question in the context of an external audit.
- Act as a resource person to answer questions dealing with data and valuation parameters used by investment managers and other CDPQ actors.
- Support managers on issues related to portfolio yield projections by collaborating with the Operations and Analytical Support teams.
- Contribute to analyzing and implementing new technology solutions to optimize the valuation process.
- 2. Pre-investment and other
- Act as a valuation consultant to managers in analyzing investment opportunities.
- Develop, maintain and leverage an internal and external network to benefit your sector and take part in fund governance.
- Take part in all projects for which your expertise is required.
- A graduate degree in finance, accounting or a related field;
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in business valuations, in mergers/acquisitions/sales and/or corporate finance or any other pertinent combination of experience;
- Professional designation (CBV or CFA), an important asset;
- Mastery of Capital IQ and Bloomberg software, an asset;
- Strong skills in French and English.
- Ability to prepare valuations within short deadlines;
- Ability to analyze and summarize;
- Ability to prepare presentations for management;
- Intellectual curiosity;
- Team spirit;
- Adaptability and tolerance for ambiguity;
- Ability to train younger colleagues;
- Good communicator and ability to explain positions.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CDPQ wants to offer equal employment opportunities to everyone. It encourages women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. CDPQ is also committed to further incorporating diversity into the organization and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees. Please inform us if your current condition requires an accommodation during the recruiting process.
Studies show that women and members of traditionally underrepresented groups tend to apply for a position only when they meet all the requirements. If you are motivated by this opportunity, but don’t meet all the requirements, contact us anyway!
CDPQ represents la Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and its subsidiaires.