Canada Revenue Agency
Looking for Chartered Business Valuators to join our team in Halifax, Nova Scotia! Become part of one of Canada’s top 100 employers.
About the job
CRA prioritizes diversity and inclusion and is firmly committed to providing a diverse workforce that reflects the population we serve. CRA’s National Employment Equity (EE) Staffing Strategy strives to eliminate EE gaps for the four EE designated groups: Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and women. Where an EE gap exists at the time of appointment, EE may be used as an appointment criterion for permanent and temporary appointments/staffing actions over six months made through this process.
The CRA offers some of the most sought-after benefit programs, career development opportunities, in addition to competitive rates of pay, among others:
- Flexible work schedule – Work/Life Balance
- To work with a wide variety of colleagues at one of Canada’s largest employers;
- To meet challenges, each with their own particularities, that will bring you extraordinary professional development;
- Access to an advantageous pension plan;
- A healthcare plan which covers many of life’s events: (medical, prescription drugs, vision care, dental care, out-of-province medical expenses, etc.);
- A workplace that supports workforce diversity and the development of talents
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to work for one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada!
As a valuator, you will be asked to:
- Review high complexity transactions involving fair market value of securities and equities as referred to by tax auditors.
- Research and analyze the company, the associated industry, related statutes/legal cases, economic factors, and other related information.
- Determine the appropriate methodology, develop a reasonable future forecast and risk assessment for the business being valued.
- Prepare valuation reports in adherence to the Practice Standards and Code of Ethics of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CICBV).
- Explain valuation methodologies, solicit taxpayer response to valuation issues, and consider common ground between positions for resolution of the issue.
- Participate in internal committees and seminars.
Who can apply
- Persons living in Canada and Canadian citizens living abroad.
- AND eligible veterans and Canadian Forces members
- AND individuals with preferred status who live or work within the general rule of minimum distance of the position(s) being staffed
- Preference for appointment will be given to veterans, Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Please note that this process will be used to staff positions in the Atlantic Region only.
- Virtual reporting may be possible within the Atlantic Region, if operational requirements permit.
We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible as the closing date and time on this notice of job opportunity may change.
Essential staffing requirements
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- the CRA’s minimum education standard for (AU- Auditing)
- Must have a valid designation as a Chartered Business Valuator
Want to know more?
We encourage you to read Important information on staffing at the CRA to find out more about staffing processes and how to apply.
The CRA is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. To find out more, consult Employment equity, diversity and inclusion at the CRA. We encourage you to complete the Employment Equity (EE) Staffing questionnaire as part of your application if you wish to be considered for staffing actions using the EE staffing requirement in this process. Your questionnaire response will be retained on file for the duration of the staffing process. If you do not complete the questionnaire, you will not be considered for any staffing actions using the EE staffing requirement in this process. If you decide to modify your response or fill out this questionnaire at a later date, please notify the contact listed at the bottom of this notice of job opportunity.
CRA employees support the economic and social well-being of Canadians, and build public trust. We have high expectations, and our employees are held to the standards of conduct outlined in our Code of integrity and professional conduct and Directive on conflict of interest, gifts and hospitality, and post-employment.
Name: Atlantic Staffing Team
Email address: ATL_Staffing_Dotation@cra-arc.gc.ca