Position: Financial Analyst
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Business Unit: Finance & Accounting
Department: Financial Advisory & Analysis
Reports to: Manager, Financial Advisory & Analysis
Teekay Corporation is one of the world’s largest marine energy transportation, storage and production companies with transnational operations across its core businesses, including liquefied natural gas (LNG) and crude oil shipping and offshore oil and gas production and logistics operations. With total assets of over $12 billion, approximately $6.3 billion of secured future growth projects, and four publicly-listed companies, Teekay is uniquely positioned to build on its successful growth path. The Teekay Group includes 4 New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) listed public companies – Teekay Corporation (NYSE: TK), Teekay LNG Partners L.P. (NYSE: TGP), Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (NYSE: TOO) and Teekay Tankers Ltd. (NYSE: TNK).
In Financial Advisory & Analysis, we focus on Teekay’s worldwide growth by determining appropriate acquisitions and investments and helping to plan for the future.
In this role, you will be part of a think tank team that works closely with our Senior Management and the Board of Directors in evaluating and executing our overall corporate strategy. You will be responsible for creating and using various financial forecasts and financial models as tools to analyze investment decisions, act as financial advisors to Teekay’s Business units, and provide strategic input into how Teekay should grow.
This is a great opportunity to hone your analytical mind while making a meaningful impact on the future of a large international company that is a leader in its industry.
- You are detail oriented, analytical and have an interest in predicting the future! By managing Teekay’s long term financial forecasts, you will assist Senior Management in assessing what lays ahead, identifying challenges and opportunities and ensuring our business stays on track.
- You will act as a financial advisor to our Business units by performing various financial analyses such as business valuations for M&A opportunities, risk quantification, analysis of long-term charter proposals and vessel sale and purchase decisions. In short, you will provide strategic input based on detailed financial analysis of new business opportunities.
- Being part of the decision making team, you will work closely with our Senior Management. You will prepare materials for quarterly Board meetings, provide input for presentations to Senior Management and help in developing financial materials for various external parties and stakeholders such as commercial banks, rating agencies, and investors.
- You bring sound quantitative skills, strategic thinking and business judgment along with humility, a good sense of humour and the ability to think innovatively and creatively. You are a team player who wants to make a difference.
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills
- Professional qualifications: CPA (CA, CMA or CGA) with an interest to pursue (or already pursuing) a CFA or CBV.
- Strong analytical and financial modelling skills are required along with a working knowledge of valuation/finance theory and techniques.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. Ability to communicate complex financial concepts in an understandable manner to non-financial personnel.
- A strong grasp of US GAAP financial reporting rules and standards is needed in order to bridge current financials to forecasted financials.
- Must be a problem solver and have a keen eye for detail.
- High proficiency with Excel. Working knowledge of Power Point and Word.
- Business curiosity, the ability to identify strategic issues and think outside the box.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills.
- A team leader with customer focus.
- Willing to occasionally travel for projects.
- Proven strengths in corporate finance, economics, and business development.
- Shipping industry experience or Oil & Gas experience.
- Previous experience with project risk analysis and probabilistic modeling.
Please click here to apply.