Reference : R354
Status : Permanent, full time
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking a Director, Valuation Governance, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate: people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
The Valuation Governance team’s mandate is to hold organizational accountability over the private investments valuation process, playing a key role in the final valuation recommendation. More specifically, the team reviews the valuations of all private asset classes (private equity, infrastructure, real estate, natural resources and private debt). The team is also responsible for maintaining “best practices” and good governance in private asset valuations.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Director, Valuation Governance you’ll:
- Support the Senior Director in applying valuation governance processes for private investments managed out of our London office
- Organize and facilitate internal and external investment valuation processes in accordance with PSP Valuation Procedure
- Play a key role in the coordination of the valuation process with External Valuators
- Liaise with the investment team, investment finance, asset managers, external appraisers for periodic valuation updates
- Provide oversight for the review of fair values for private investments under your review
- Monitor market events and analyze the impact that these events may have on private investment valuations
- Oversee the ongoing production of key reporting activities and drive the execution on relevant quarterly valuation reporting under your responsibility
- Liaise with the external auditors and play a key role in responding to questions or information requests from external auditors for review under your responsibility
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders across the organization
- Contribute to the continued enhancement of private valuation procedures, processes and methodologies
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Strong communications skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to present various conclusions and ideas to PSP’s investment teams and the valuation committee in a persuasive manner
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with key internal departments, external peers and external advisors
- Ability to demonstrate sound business judgement
- Open-mindedness and active listening skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal accountability
- Ability to manage different projects at the same time, meet tight deadlines and manage constantly changing priorities
- Ability to work well individually, and in teams, share information, support colleagues and encourage participation
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Minimum of ten (10) to twelve (12) years of relevant experience
- Business valuation and/or real estate appraisal experience preferred
- Experience interacting with senior management
- Business or comparable university degree in Finance or Economics
- Professional designation: MBA and/or CFA designation or others, an asset
- Fluent in English (Spoken and written)
- Additional languages are considered an asset
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position can be located at our London office or Montreal office.
Visit us on LinkedIn.
Please apply online at : https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5c06a155fec5d10546adcbe5/56b5014109e1cc0622ffc436/en