If you are a Valuations expert looking for an opportunity to help build a Valuations practice in a collaborative environment at a mid-sized CPA Firm, look no further.
DMCL LLP Chartered Professional Accountants has an opening for a seasoned Valuations professional with an entrepreneurial mindset who wants to be an integral part of our growing Valuations practice and firm. The ideal candidate has a passion for helping clients, an eye for detail, is ambitious and has a keen interest in problem solving.
As a Valuations Principal and or Partner, you will play a critical role in leading and building the Valuations practice. You will work directly with our partners and clients to effectively prepare valuation assignments in support of business transactions, financial reporting, tax planning and other services across a diverse range of industries.
You will be responsible for participating and assisting in valuation and financial analyses and applying valuation theories and approaches, including: researching and gathering relevant information; analyzing information; participating in the formulation of valuation approaches; developing valuation and other business models; assisting in the preparation of valuation reports for a variety of purposes; and presenting valuation reports and findings to our clients.
Working at DMCL will provide you with exposure to a breadth of files in various industries, allowing you to gain valuable experience while building your professional network and business acumen. Our clients are diverse and work in a wide variety of industries including technology, real estate and construction, manufacturing and distribution, entertainment, restaurants and resources.
This position also offers a near term partnership opportunity for a Principal candidate.
- Managing valuation assignments in support of the purchase and/or sale of a business, income tax purposes, and financial reporting
- Supporting our audit practice in their valuation needs, including purchase price allocations, goodwill and intangible asset impairment analysis, and financial instruments
- Supporting our private enterprise clientele in their valuation needs, including management buy-outs, shareholder and family disputes and business reorganizations
- Conducting economic and industry research, detailed financial analysis and business modelling
- Drafting and reviewing valuation reports
- Preparing quantitative and qualitative valuation analyses
- Leading a range of valuation projects concurrently and assuming responsibility for the day-to-day execution and delivery of service on projects
- Managing, mentoring and training junior valuations professionals
- Supporting business development activities and contributing to the growth of the practice through the development of external and internal relationships
- Completion of the Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) and CPA designation
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Valuations
- Technical knowledge in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and/or other accounting standards and fair value issues arising therein
- Strong business modelling and analysis skills
- Excellent work ethic and dedication to meeting deliverable timelines
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and valuation-based software
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to analyze a situation, recommend a course of action, and work with legal counsel, clients, colleagues and others to implement valuations strategies and solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong focus on client service, business development and leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively with other partners and staff
- Demonstrated ability to work directly and develop business relationships with clients, understand their needs and objectives and develop and execute plans to meet these objectives
In summary, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter who thrives working in a dynamic, fast paced environment with a demonstrated ability to influence, execute and manage people and processes. In this role, you will play a vital role in building and leading the Firm’s Valuations Practice, provide value added and practical solutions to solve our clients’ problems, anticipate their needs and contribute to their success.
Dale Matheson Carr-Hilton LaBonte LLP (DMCL) is a full-service accounting firm dedicated to helping our clients achieve and exceed their business goals, no matter how ambitious. As a leading Canadian firm with global reach, we continue to remain agile and responsive, providing clients with personalized and strategic solutions specific to their industry.
With 32 partners and over 300 team members spread across Vancouver, Surrey, Tri-Cities (Port Coquitlam) and Victoria, working at DMCL means being part of a diversified team of expert advisors that view every day as a new opportunity to contribute to the success of our clients: solving costly problems, building long-lasting relationships and always striving for excellence.