You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 200,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 154 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
With one of the largest teams of accredited business valuators in Canada, KPMG is a respected leader in the provision of valuations. Working as part of the team will provide you with exposure to a breadth of files in various industries, allowing you to gain valuable experience while building your professional network and business acumen.
Our valuation approach is rigorous. We invest the time required to understand the subject business or financial instrument. We combine our knowledge of valuation principles and techniques with our practical understanding of capital markets. We excel when faced with complex and unusual issues. Our conclusions are well supported and our reports are clear and concise.
Overview of the opportunity:
To support our growth, we, are looking for a Valuations, Manager or Senior Manager in Deal Advisory. You are forward-thinking and passionate and want to make a difference to our clients, people and communities. Click on this link for more information about KPMG Valuations – Deal Advisory
Based in Toronto, you will work on a wide range of valuation projects ensuring these are carried out to a high quality level, and lead or assist with business development opportunities.
You will lead teams of Junior and Senior Advisers and report to our Partners to deliver successful projects, ensuring high quality deliverables and analysis, while providing leading edge insights and value to our clients. This role will involve exposure to a broad array of sectors and geographies.
What you will do:
- Lead work streams on a broad array of valuation and gain experience in other corporate advisory projects.
- Take responsibility for the preparation of detailed financial modelling, financial analysis and the application of a variety of valuation methodologies.
- Take responsibility for the preparation of client reports and other deliverables.
- Supported by a leading team, you will deliver exceptional client service by maximizing results and driving high performance from people, while also fostering collaboration across KPMG practice areas.
- Guide and coach junior team members through challenging and meaningful opportunities.
- Identify new business opportunities and lead the creation of proposals and presentations to future clients
- Network, build and maintain relationships with clients and with our internal network.
What you bring to the role:
- CPA, CA designation.
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) obtained or are near completion, and/or CFA designation.
- Minimum 5 years of experience including 2 years (for Manager), 4+ years (for Senior Manager) of direct valuations experience.
- Executed significant valuation engagements for a range of purposes.
- Strong leadership and project management skills with the ability to lead teams to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- Demonstrated experience in training, coaching, mentoring and developing junior staff members.
- Advanced valuation and financial modeling skills, along with excellent report writing skills.
- Business acumen/commercial awareness and can identify business development opportunities.
Keys to your success:
- Ability to think creatively and critically to find solutions to client requests.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills and an ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Collaborative team player that can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly motivated, committed, self-starter and can adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to build a network and effective working relationships internally and externally.
Why Choose Valuations?
We provide you with the opportunity to gain exposure to multiple industries, including financial services, consumer & retail, industrial markets, real estate and energy & natural resources. You will also have the opportunity to specialize in specific industry groups that are of interest. We work closely with the major players in the Canadian pension plan and private equity sectors. In addition, our team collaborates with many other practices and offices in Canada and around the world.
Your professional development is important to us. We strongly encourage you to commence and obtain designations over time that will assist you in this role, including the CBV, CFA, and/or FRM. We also provide internal training and support external training in order for you to achieve your professional goals.
We offer a dynamic work environment, competitive salary and the opportunity to grow your experience, technical knowledge and professional skills. Life balance and flexibility are also important to us while meeting client needs and project timelines.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.