Springbank Capital Corp.
Springbank brings investment banking to mid-market businesses in Canada. We offer one-on-one, customized services, an extensive and proven track record of completed deals, and an international reach – all underpinned by an understanding of and passion for what it takes to succeed in the Canadian mid-market.
We know the challenges entrepreneurial companies face and understand that they require a unique approach when it comes to corporate finance transactions. One that combines the expertise and wide network of an international firm, with the dedicated, long-term commitment to success and value of a boutique practice.
Whether selling or buying a company, assessing the value of a business, or raising capital to fuel growth, our 20+ years of experience closing more than 100 deals means we can help private, entrepreneurial and family businesses achieve their goals.
Today Springbank’s growing valuation practice focuses primarily on engagements for tax planning purposes and corporate finance, however, will expand further into shareholder dispute files as the team grows.
About the Position
As the Valuations Manager, you will play an active role in managing and carrying out business valuation mandates. You will also have an opportunity to work on sell-side mandates and capital raises on the M&A side of the practice.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Undertake valuation engagements from preparing the initial information ask, to completion of the valuation modelling and report.
- Research and analysis of industries and the target company being valued
- Involved in discussions and meetings with the management of the companies involved.
- Opportunity to work within the M&A side of the practice undertaking financial modelling, involvement in the preparation of Confidential Information Memorandums and support during the due diligence phase
- Develop relationships with current and prospective clients and participate in external marketing events.
Summary of Experience
- 3-5 years of valuation experience
- CBV Designation (preferred) or enrolled in the Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) program.
- CPA, CA designation (an asset)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Exposure to IBIS and PitchBook platforms is an asset (SCC utilizes both)
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent work ethic and dedication to meeting deliverable timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate with external clients.