Ornstein Valuations Ltd.
Ornstein Valuations Ltd. is a quickly growing boutique valuations and forensic accounting practice located at Yonge & Bloor, Toronto. We focus mainly in the areas of valuation for family law and high net worth tax reorganizations. Our small team is well established and highly integrated. Ornstein Valuations Ltd. is a great place to learn and grow your career.
Our Valuation Associates get their hands on every aspect of the work, from engagement planning to report writing, as well as having the opportunity to regularly meet (or Zoom) with clients and their legal counsel. Remote work and flexible hours are encouraged!
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Assist in the engagement planning and fee estimate / budgeting process
- Perform preliminary financial statement analysis and decide what additional information and documentation are required to proceed with the engagement
- Prepare the initial draft of valuation and income determination reports
- Meet with clients and their advisors/legal counsel to gather information and to present findings
- Balance multiple engagements based on deadlines and other priorities
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience with some valuation experience preferred (more experienced applicants also welcome)
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) preferred or other experience in tax and financial statement preparation
- CBV designation or student preferred, or intending to enroll in the CBV Institute course of studies
- Possess strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient with both Microsoft Word and Excel
- Self-disciplined / independent and team oriented depending on the situation
- Quick learner, not someone who repeats mistakes
- Interest or aptitude for business development preferred
COMPENSATION COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
HOW WE CAN FIND YOU
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity with a company that is employee focused as well as dedicated to providing quality client service, please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org