Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
An exciting opportunity for you to support the execution of OTPP’s valuation function for an assigned portion of a private investment portfolio that includes in excess of 150 investments across a number of asset classes, including private equity, real estate, natural resources, infrastructure, and venture capital. You will also be accountable for the mentorship and development of junior staff in Finance supporting in the valuation process during peak periods.
Who you’ll work with
You will be working side by side with a highly skilled team of a highly skilled team of senior financial analysts and senior managers. There will be many opportunities to partner with colleagues from other teams or divisions.
What you’ll do
- Support the planning and execution of the semi-annual and year-end valuation processes as part of a dynamic team
- You will assist with the preparation and review of “fair value” valuations prepared by OTPP’s Investment teams by Finance, including the preparation of valuation analysis and summary memoranda
- Support the review of fair value valuations presented by external appraisers and valuation advisors
- Develop recommendations of fair value to be used for OTPP’s financial statements
- Support the development, tracking and reporting of plans and timelines for assigned investment portfolios to ensure an effective and efficient valuation process
- Respond to queries/information requests from OTPP’s external auditors with respect to private investment valuations.
- Build rapport and work cross-functionally with members of other OTPP groups, including Risk Analytics, Tax, Financial and Management Reporting, Private Asset Operations, Strategy and Risk, and Data Management in sharing information generated and reviewed by the valuation team
- Assist with the preparation of OTPP board reporting with respect to the results of the year-end private investment valuation process
- Participate in ad-hoc projects supporting the execution of the broader Finance division strategy
What you’ll need
- University degree
- A Chartered Professional Accounting designation preferred
- A Chartered Business Valuator (“CBV”) designation or working towards CBV is desired
- A Chartered Financial Analyst (“CFA”) accreditation desired
- Experience (3-5yrs) in working with private investments, which could include valuing and/or conducting due diligence in respect of private investments
- Previous experience in mentoring, training and developing staff
- Experience interacting with senior management and other external advisors is an asset
What we’re offering
- Pay for performance environment that offers competitive salary and incentives
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits coverage, including a Health Spending Account
- Guaranteed retirement income through a defined benefit pension plan
- Competitive time off
- Discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
- Degreed: a digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track ALL kinds of learning resources, from courses to videos to articles and more.
At Ontario Teachers’, we are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience. Through our Inclusion & Diversity Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) events, celebrations , we offer a variety of opportunities for colleagues to connect for the purposes of professional development and networking & mentoring.
If you require an accommodation for the application, recruitment or interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Apply today!
Please note we will be reviewing all applications through our careers website. Please apply directly through our website.
You will be invited to complete a pre-recorded interview as part of the recruitment process. This will take no longer than 10 minutes.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue will be contacted.