Our Dispute Advisory Services team is growing. We are looking for a Senior Consultant with at least two years’ experience in forensic accounting, to join our team.
You will be part of a team carrying out forensic accounting mandates, working closely with clients and counsel on files requiring economic loss quantification, business valuations, class actions and remediations, etc.
WHAT WILL YOUR TYPICAL DAY LOOK LIKE?
A typical day will include meetings with colleagues and clients to scope, frame, execute and deliver reports, insights, advice, and impact. This will include research, analysis, report creation, calculation preparation, presentations, and delivery. We make the complex simple and pride ourselves on our concise, easy to follow, defendable expert reports. We work with a variety of clients in a range of size and industries including private companies, publicly traded companies, governments, crown corporations, and investors. We also work closely with our colleagues across Deloitte to create teams on the fly to ensure we have the optimal mix of expertise and experience to deliver a client experience that is exceptional!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Deloitte’s Dispute Advisory Services team has the expertise and capabilities in economic loss quantification, valuations, forensic accounting and discovery to provide insight and understanding in business disputes. We work with our clients and counsel to address the challenging financial and economic aspects of complex commercial disputes. Our main areas of focus are:
- Class Actions
- Construction delay
- Breach of contract
- Corporate commercial disputes
- Business interruption
- Intellectual property infringement
We have a diverse team that is energized, supports each other and our clients and delivers on our promises. Our team includes people with CPAs, CBVs, CFAs, MBAs, CFEs and other qualifications. We believe in life-long learning and are always excited to examine new ideas, new ways of working and new opportunities!
ENOUGH ABOUT US, LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
AS A SENIOR CONSULTANT YOU WILL:
- Work collaboratively as part of a local and national team of talented advisors
- Cultivate and maintain valued relationships with clients and key contacts
- Actively participate in commercial litigation disputes, business valuations, insurance claims, expropriation and remediation cases
- Analyze financial data, review accounting and various records
- Identify issues, define symptoms and recommend solutions
- Assist in the production of expert reports
- Conduct industry and market financial research
- Participate in the development and delivery of training programs
- Participate in the proposal process for new engagements
- Coach and mentor select junior practitioners to their highest potential and act as a role model
YOU ARE SOMEONE WITH:
- Bachelor of Business Administration or a degree in accounting
- CPA designation in progress or complete
- 2-3 years of work experience in forensic accounting and / or business valuation
- Interest in CBV designation strongly preferred
- Experience in some of the following software would be considered an asset: SQL, Tableau / Power BI, Python, and SAS
- Be familiar with IT, including Excel (advanced level), Word, PowerPoint, and other relevant software
- Strong analytical, research, business thinking and insights
- Self-discipline, organization, able to set priorities and manage competing demands
- Excellent computer and analytical skills
- Superb communication skills: written and oral
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours.
Sound like The One Firm for you?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.