Grant Thornton LLP
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is. Our Valuation and Litigation Support practice is looking for a Senior Associate. Our team provides business valuation and litigation support services to private businesses, public companies and law firms. You will play an integral role within the Transactions team by supporting and managing various aspects of client engagements. As a highly motivated professional, in this role you will be expected to support the other members of our team in all disciplines.
As a Senior Associate your responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking qualitative and quantitative analyses to develop and validate solutions;
- Analyzing financial statements and other financial information;
- Conducting industry and market research;
- Researching public companies to develop peer group valuations;
- Performing comparable transaction analysis;
- Building detailed valuation and financial models including sensitivity analysis;
- Corresponding with client either directly or through written communication;
- Attend and participate in meetings with clients and their advisors to understand an analyze their business;
- Drafting valuation reports for the purposes of shareholder transactions, corporate reorganizations, income tax planning, and financial reporting;
- Assist in litigation matters including the performance of financial analysis and preparation of expert valuation or damage quantification reports in connection with shareholder disputes, post-acquisition disputes, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duties;
- Collaborating with service lines within Grant Thornton in the execution of valuation mandates (e.g. Tax, Assurance)
- Involvement in the development of best practices within the group and administrative duties; and
- Active participation in the development and growth of our Valuations and Litigation service offering.
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Think you’ve got what it takes to be an Senior Associate, Valuations and Litigation Support? Like the colour purple? Great. Here’s a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- A CPA designation, or close to achieving the required hours to attain the CPA designation.
- Actively pursuing or willing to pursue the CBV designation
- Proven track record high level performance.
- Strong financial analysis skills and understanding of financial statements as well as solid financial modeling capabilities;
- Experience with MS Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong business writing and communication skills;
- Detail oriented and ability to juggle multiple assignments and projects simultaneously;
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and adapt to a dynamic environment;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Team player with a positive attitude;
- Willingness to work through peak periods, as required;
- A strong desire to help clients succeed in all aspects of their operations;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team, seeing a project from start to finish;
- The ability to talk to and meet with people at various levels throughout an organization from a client service and business development perspective;
- Enthusiasm for helping the valuation and litigation support practice grow; and
- The desire to work in a collaborative and fun team environment.
Southern Ontario, with the home office in Toronto (when it is permitted).
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca