Pettinelli Mastroluisi LLP
Pettinelli Mastroluisi LLP is an accounting firm with over 35 years’ experience and is the business partner of choice for privately owned corporations, their shareholders and non-profit organizations throughout Hamilton and surrounding areas.
The firm employees 50+ employees and offers services in accounting, advisory, taxation and valuation/litigation support services.
Our valuation/litigation services include business valuations for a variety of purposes, income available for support reports, tax consequences of marital dissolutions, expert witness testimony, consulting and participation in settlement negotiations, commercial loss quantification, business interruption calculations, forensic analysis and tracing, and personal injury loss reports.
Prepare business valuations reports which are generally used for income tax or litigation purposes. In addition, you will assist in the preparing of expert reports, such as income for support calculations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the implementation, administration and ongoing evaluation and completion of various Valuation client engagement
- Preparation of valuation schedules and reports
- Preparation of income determination schedules and reports
- Analyze critical financial data and create complex financial models
- Build and prepare technical based analysis such as models in Excel
- Analyze financial statements and all associated documentation
- Conduct industry and economic specific research
- Prepare client proposals
- Peer review of letters/reports/schedules/analysis prepared by other members in the PMVI group
- Review and follow-up on disclosure from clients/lawyers
- Communication with clients and partners
Additional Functions and Responsibilities
- Monthly billing/invoicing
Education and Licensing
- An accounting degree, diploma, or equivalent experience
- CPA designation
- CBV designation or Progression towards completion of Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) program
- 1 to 3 years of valuations and/or industry experience would be preferred
- 3 to 5 years of public accounting experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills for various projects and deadlines
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
What we Offer
- A total compensation package that includes competitive wages, health and dental benefits, a group RRSP with matching contribution, Firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Association with a Firm known for expertise, superior work quality, and a history of strong client relationships.
- Growth opportunities for those interested.
- A culture based on collaboration and a sense of community.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to make reasonable additions or changes to the duties of the position at any time.
We are committee to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require any accommodation.
If this sounds interesting to you and you have the required qualifications, please send your cover letter and resume to the Manager of Human Resources.
Pettinelli Mastroluisi LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.