Secretariat is your source for independent expert advisory services. Secretariat specializes in business valuations, forensic accounting, economic damages, construction, and government contracting in the context of international arbitration and general commercial arbitration/litigation. Secretariat’s experts maintain integrity, quality, and objectivity when solving complex disputes, delivering detailed analyses, and articulating meaningful results in a clear and concise manner.
Secretariat was recently ranked 4th in Global Arbitration Review’s prestigious GAR 100 Expert Witness Firms’ Power Index, and over 90% of Secretariat’s testifying experts are recognized as leading experts in their field by the independent Who’s Who Legal
We are looking for Senior Associates and Associates to join our Toronto Business Valuation & Economic Damages group.
Exceptional analytical skills, solid quantitative training, remarkable communication skills, and creativity are the foundation for successful Senior Associates at Secretariat. Successful candidates will join an expanding domestic and international business valuation and economic damages quantification practice. Our Toronto-based team works on large and complex high profile cases involving business valuations, post-acquisition disputes, shareholder disputes, breach of contract disputes, and myriad of other domestic and international disputes in a wide variety of industries. These cases will give the successful candidate exposure to unique, complex and interesting issues, which often integrate valuation, finance, accounting, economics, and legal principles.
- Assist with the preparation of expert reports (damages and valuation reports)
- Conduct economic and industry research
- Analyze financial and non-financial information, and summarize and report findings to team members and to clients
- Develop valuation parameters (i.e. discount rate, forecasts, etc.) and prepare financial models
- Assist with the preparation of rebuttal expert reports evaluating the conclusions of other experts
- Communicate with clients and counsel
- Prepare for and attend hearings, trials and mediations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics from an accredited university or college;
- Holder of a credential in at least one of the following:
- Equivalent international accountancy qualification
- 2-4 years of prior experience in economic damages and/or business valuation preferred; prior experience at one of the ‘Big Four’ accounting firms preferred for Senior Associate; 1-2 years of experience required for Associates
- Able to develop creative approaches and solutions necessary to resolve complex problems
- Able to quickly assimilate relevant information in unfamiliar situations
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent listening, verbal, written, and presentation skills (ability to speak, write and conduct business in English is required)
- Language skills are advantageous given the international focus of our practice
- Willing to occasionally travel internationally (subject to safety concerns)
We offer competitive compensation and benefits and we have a hybrid work arrangement policy. We support the continuing professional development of our employees.
To apply for Associate role please follow: https://secretariat.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Secretariat_careers/job/Toronto/Associate–Business-Valuations—Damages_R-100036
To apply for Senior Associate role please follow: https://secretariat.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Secretariat_careers/job/Toronto/Senior-Associate–Business-Valuation—Damages_R-100037