Baker Tilly Canada Capital
Are you looking for an opportunity to take your CPA designation to another level?
Are you interested in working with business owners and executives on M&A transactions?
Learn and expand M&A knowledge through mentoring and on-the-the job coaching, while playing a key role on M&A deals and other corporate finance transactions across Canada.
BTCC creates value for clients that seek a merger, acquisition, divestiture, or capital raise. Our team is growing and has successfully closed many deals in all industries across Canada. We value client service excellence and having FUN while supporting the career growth and the development of each other.
Our team at Baker Tilly (Canada) Capital (“BTCC”) is looking for a Senior Associate to play a key role on our growing national M&A team. Applications will also be considered from candidates at the Associate level who are interested in obtaining their CBV or CFA.
As part of this role, the new Senior Associate will co-ordinate and perform critical aspects throughout the transaction lifecycle in a client-facing role, including:
- Developing an understanding of a client’s business, including its revenue and expense drivers
- Performing financial analysis and valuation work
- Preparing transaction marketing documents, including confidential information memorandums to investors and presentations to clients
- Undertake bringing clients to market, coordination of data rooms, and analysis of letters of intent and share purchase agreements
- Conducting financial and industry due diligence
- Produce quality of earnings reports for buy-side investors
- Developing pitch presentations on actionable M&A opportunities with prospective clients inside and outside the Baker Tilly network of 50+ offices across Canada
The Right Stuff
- Designated CPA with 2-5 years’ experience, including 1 year minimum in corporate finance, preferably in M&A.
- CBV designation is an asset
- Attention to detail and strong computer skills (e.g., Excel modeling, PowerPoint, Pitchbook, QuickBooks)
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with teammates
- Comprehensive understanding of financial statements including the flow between the income statement and balance sheet, with exceptional analytical perception
- Demonstrated experience in financial modeling and analysis
- Client service-oriented approach
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Clear interest in corporate finance, investment banking or corporate development
- Previous experience in Corporate Finance and/or investment banking considered a strong asset
BTCC leads the corporate finance practice at Baker Tilly Canada, a midsized, national accounting and advisory network of 50+ offices across Canada. We foster a meaningful career and the opportunity to influence tomorrow for your clients, your profession, and your community. Our professionals are encouraged to Be True to their values and ambitions, alongside our shared commitment to building great relationships, great conversations, and great futures.
Note: Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, parental status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other non-merit factors. Baker Tilly is dedicated to fostering, supporting and celebrating a diverse workplace. Accommodation is available to all applicants upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process. Please contact us at VancouverCareers@bakertilly.ca if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their accessibility needs.
Baker Tilly (Canada) Capital is a member of Baker Tilly Canada Cooperative, which is a member of the global network of Baker Tilly International Limited. All members of Baker Tilly Canada Cooperative and Baker Tilly International Limited are separate and independent legal entities.