BCI offers an exceptional opportunity to work at a world-class organization while living in a west coast setting. We are a significant institutional investor whose investments span the world. Our major clients are pension plans, and the work that we do helps to secure the retirements of hundreds of thousands of people. Our success depends on our high-performing employees. The people who work at BCI are committed, passionate, and approachable. They aim for continuous improvement and share BCI’s core values of accountability, transparency, integrity, and team cohesiveness. We are currently expanding our team and our skill base to equip BCI for the future.
Reporting to the Manager, Valuations, the Senior Analyst plays a key role in the valuation of illiquid investments including mortgage, private equity, renewable resources, infrastructure, and private credit investments. The position works with the Asset Classes and the Illiquid Investment Accounting team to facilitate the year end and quarterly valuation processes and ensure that all illiquid investments are reported at fair value. The Senior Analyst is responsible for reviewing and preparing investment valuations and summarizing results in reports and presentations to management. The position will be awarded based on the experience and qualifications of the successful applicant.
You will work in the Investment Accounting branch of our Finance team.
- Professional finance or accounting designation (CPA or CFA)
- CBV or pursuing the CBV designation (preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a related discipline
- Strong analytical, financial modelling and research skills
- Working knowledge of valuation methodologies and techniques for private market investments
- Understanding of IFRS fair value accounting
- Advanced Excel skills; VBA and SQL considered an asset
- Experience with analytical tools such as Capital IQ, FactSet and Bloomberg
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage projects under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a high-performance culture
Closing Date: April 06, 2018
To learn more about this position and apply, go to https://careers.bci.ca/res_login.html
BCI provides employees with a productive and fast-paced work environment, competitive compensation, a performance incentive plan, four weeks of vacation, employer-funded health & wellness plans, and a defined benefit pension plan.
Our recruitment process requires that the successful candidate agrees to undergo a criminal record search, education and designation verification; to provide a declaration of no previous or current criminal status; and to comply with our corporate Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct.
Interested in joining our team and want to learn of other career opportunities with BCI? Create a profile and sign up for job alerts at https://careers.bci.ca.