Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
As a portfolio valuation expert, you assist with highly complex strategic mandates and initiatives and also serve as a leader in your field.
You support the manager in completing tactical and strategic mandates to value portfolios containing investments in private companies.
You serve as subject matter expert in your field and provide specialized support to the investment team.
You serve as an expert advisor and subject matter expert in your field for senior management and decision-making bodies.
- Assist the manager in completing tactical and strategic mandates to evaluate private investment portfolios. Serve as subject matter expert in your field and provide specialized support to the investment team. More specifically:
- Within the framework of the investment and divestiture process, you use your expertise to value companies in which the funds under management have invested in share capital or convertible debentures.
- Assist as a preparer and reviewer in the mid-year investment portfolio valuations in compliance with the valuation methodology approved by the Board of Directors, ensuring that the documentation complies with AMF regulations.
- Act as business manager in the updating and development of tools used to establish the value of companies and in the implementation of additional functionalities in the database.
- Create and implement tools and practices meeting the needs of the various business lines in terms of lead time and guidance level.
- Design solutions that meet highly complex needs and make recommendations about implementation strategies and priorities.
- Ensure continual monitoring to maintain a high level of expertise in your field of activity.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience
- Experience valuing new technologies and companies in the early stages of development (an asset)
- Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- CBV or CFA designation with experience in valuing private companies
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
- Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
- Business insight, Decision quality, Organizational savvy, Persuades, Strategic mindset
Other working conditions
Work place: According to the application selected in Quebec
Deadline Date: 2020-10-27