WHY JOIN BDC?
No other bank is doing what we do.
At BDC, we’re devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs. We’re also dedicated to our employees. Adaptable. Inspiring. Different. There’s a reason we like to work here and we think you’ll like it too.
The Manager, Investment Valuation and Accounting, is responsible for the fair value of the BDC Growth and Transition Capital (GTC) and CleanTech Practice (CT) investment portfolio for the purpose of financial reporting. The incumbent is also responsible for the accounting and financial reporting of the GTC and CT investment group, including direct investments and various partnerships/funds, ensuring that all financial reporting is in accordance with IFRS.
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
- Lead and support the GTC and CT Finance team.
- Lead the preparation of timely, accurate and reliable financial statements and financial reports and analyses, ensuring compliance with IFRS.
- Coordinate and lead the mark to market exercise with internal clients and auditors to ensure that adequate information is provided on a timely basis and validate the accuracy in accordance with the BDC valuation directive and the adequacy of documentation.
- Liaise with GTC and CT management, as required, to ensure timely, useful and consistent financial reporting and provide value-added services.
- Review and approve the GTC Long-Term Incentive Plan calculations and simulations.
- Implement accounting changes in GTC and CT.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce (accounting or finance)
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Other professional designations (CFA, CBV)
- Minimum 8 years of experience in valuation and accounting
- Audit experience, an asset
- Strong financial, accounting and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel and working knowledge of Access
- Knowledge of the growth capital and private equity industry
- Strong ability to learn and implement policies and procedures
- Strong ability to work under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Initiative and creativity
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to foster relationships with internal customers
- Good written and verbal communication
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At BDC, we value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting end date: October 12, 2018