CWB Financial Group (CWB) is not your typical bank – we take a deeply personalized approach to our business and in our core values. Taking the time to understand our clients’ goals and aspirations allows us to use a full-picture view in the type of support, guidance and service needed to help them cultivate a successful financial future.
We are seeking a Manager of Corporate Lending to assist the Corporate Lending group in managing and growing a portfolio of syndicated corporate loans by analyzing data and financial statements to assess risk and complete the underwriting of credit applications. This is an opportunity to help build and direct a portfolio of Corporate Loans while working within a tight knit, collaborative team.
While your primary focus will be assisting the AVPs and other lenders in managing and growing a portfolio of syndicated corporate loans, you will also have the opportunity to directly manage a portfolio of Corporate accounts.
Be what you want to be – with CWB Financial Group.
Here is a glimpse into what your career could look like with us!
How you’ll spend your time:
- Assisting AVPs and other lenders in managing and growing their portfolios of syndicated Corporate accounts.
- With the support of an AVP Corporate Lending, relationship managing a portfolio of Corporate accounts ensuring timely responses to requests from borrowers (through the agent).
- Reviewing financial statements, financial forecasts, and financial models for existing borrowers and new opportunities.
- Evaluating new lending opportunities on a risk/reward basis.
- Ensuring that credit applications exhibit quality risk assessment and analysis.
- Minimizing loan and revenue loss experience through implementation of programs and procedures to identify and manage problem loans.
- Assisting in monitoring and reviewing the existing portfolio while growing the corporate loan portfolio.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with lead banks, syndicate members, other referral sources, corporate borrowers, CRM and branch loan administration.
- Assisting in the administration of syndicates where CWB is the lead.
- Ensuring required reports and other financial data is received and analyzed promptly in accordance with conditions of loan commitment.
- Compiling and preparing branch reports.
- Completing annual reviews of accounts and amendments as needed.
- Ensuring the safety of the Bank’s funds through proper loan portfolio management with focus on loan quality, exposure limits and security requirements.
- Assisting in the funding of new construction draws.
- Working effectively with the Corporate Lending team to enhance professionalism, productivity and team enhancement.
- Participating in special projects as required supporting other areas of the CWB group.
- Providing effective leadership to Loan Administration personnel, as applicable, to ensure effective management of the Corporate loan portfolio.
This career may be for you if:
- You are a degree holder in business, finance or another related field (or have equivalent experience).
- You hold or are pursing a financial designation as an added bonus.
- You have spent a minimum of five years in commercial lending.
- You have strong and practiced analytical abilities with working knowledge of Moody’s Financial Analyst and WAVE.
- You have demonstrated your credit writing abilities and are an expert communicator both written and verbally.
- You’re a technology user with strong skills in MS Office, focused in Excel, with the ability to work with complex financial models created by corporate borrowers or lead lenders.
- You have demonstrated your ability to manage multiple complex engagements simultaneously, and to prioritize your work and efforts effectively.
We love taking care of our employees by offering:
- Base salary plus additional bonus compensation.
- Career growth. We are passionate about investing in our employees’ development and supporting them in reaching their professional goals.
- An award-winning benefits packages that includes 100% company-funded health coverage (dental, vision and prescriptions), health care spending account, a flexible wellness program and cwbalance day (extra day off with pay).
- Company ownership: Every employee has the opportunity to be an owner with our employee share purchase plan (ESPP) and we will match a portion of your contributions to help you build your share ownership faster.
- Matching employer contributions to your retirement savings.
CWB Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are motivated by the new perspectives diversity can bring to our workforce. Inclusion and advocacy for a diverse organization can bring excellence at all levels of our business. Regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other factors unrelated to job performance, we want difference makers. We are committed to providing equitable treatment to all employees and job applicants.