Reporting to the Director of Corporate Finance and Assistant Treasurer, this role is responsible for preparing financial analysis and developing recommendations for investment opportunities and debt financings to support the growth and expansion plans for the FortisBC group of companies. The incumbent is responsible for developing financial forecasts, business valuations and corporate business plans, and supporting implementation of key business initiatives and taking a lead role in the execution of debt financings, as well as the structuring of corporate and project investment transactions.
• Development of detailed financial analysis and modeling to support acquisition or project investment decisions.
• Provide recommendations for and makes presentations regarding acquisition and project investment opportunities.
• Develop and provide corporate business plans.
• Develop and provide financial forecasts to support corporate planning.
• Develop and provide presentations for debt investor meetings and credit rating agency reviews.
• Provides leadership in executing acquisition and project investment transactions.
• Plays a lead role in developing and executing debt financings.
• Supports implementation of business initiatives.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce or Business Administration and a professional financial designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA, CFA, or CBV) with 8 to 12 years or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience including 3-5 years’ experience in financial analysis and modelling with increasing responsibility for developing and executing investment and financing transactions.
• Strong financial modeling skills and in-depth knowledge of business valuation techniques.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
• Ability to exercise professional judgment handling sensitive and confidential matters.
• Ability to independently plan, prioritize and coordinate a diverse set of activities to consistently meet targets in an environment that includes multiple priorities and time-sensitive deadlines.
• Exposure to rate-regulated industries is desirable.
• Experience with SAP or other large ERP system experience is desirable.
While this position is located in downtown Vancouver, incumbents must be willing and able to travel to Surrey and Kelowna locations.