Raymond James Ltd.
Raymond James Ltd. is seeking an Investment Banking Analyst to join our Investment Banking team in our downtown Toronto office. If you have experience with financial modelling, analysis and research, we welcome to opportunity to explore this position with you.
Raymond James Ltd. is Canada’s leading independent investment dealer offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
Our Investment Banking team of over 350 investment bankers across North America is focused on servicing the corporate finance and financial advisory needs of our clients. We offer a complete range of capital markets services with strong expertise in mergers & acquisitions, public offerings, private placements and syndication. Our advisory services include mergers, acquisitions and divestitures advice / execution, fairness opinions and valuations.
The Investment Banking Analyst position will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to gain significant business development and transaction experience. Drawing on previous experience, they will have a proven ability to take initiative, will possess exceptional communication and presentation skills and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
Specifically you will:
- Work closely with members in the investment banking team;
- Conduct financial modelling, various financial and strategic analyses, discounted cash flow analysis, comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis and evaluate other industry metrics as required;
- Perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis and industry research;
- Build and maintain detailed financial models and industry databases;
- Support the maintenance of the groups’ databases and valuation tools on an ongoing basis;
- Assist in preparing extensive written documents including transaction documentation / proposals, pitch-books and company information documents for business development and marketing purposes;
- Assist in transaction execution tasks as required; and
- Other duties as assigned.
To qualify for this opportunity you:
- Have an undergraduate / graduate degree in a business-related discipline and / or a CA/CPA designation; (BComm, MBA, CFA);
- Demonstrate an interest in finance and the capital markets;
- Have a proven academic track record of strong performance in analytical and financial courses;
- Possess excellent written & verbal communication skills;
- Possess quantitative and analytical skills with an interest in financial analysis and modeling;
- Have a highly motivated, committed and responsible attitude, with a demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and requests in a demanding work environment;
- Possess the ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team;
- Are a quick learner with very strong attention to detail; and
- Possess exceptional proficiency with MS Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint), Capital IQ, and Bloomberg.
The position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you would like to submit an application to join our team, please send a resume, cover letter and university transcript in a single PDF document, quoting the position and Job Posting 21-161 as soon as possible to:
Raymond James Ltd.
To be considered for employment candidates will be required to provide proof of citizenship, permanent residency or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions. We require applicants to complete a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company, including but not limited to a credit and criminal record check. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role: only those being directly considered will be contacted.
Raymond James Ltd. recognizes the value of a diverse workforce and appreciates the unique skills and special contribution of each employee. We are committed to accessibility for candidates through all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via email at email@example.com.