Williams Meaden and Moore Inc.
Williams Meaden and Moore Inc. provides expert forensic accounting and litigation support services to insurance providers, legal counsel and government agencies. Our firm specializes in measuring the value of economic damages in legal disputes and insurance claims and have extensive experience in a wide variety of industries and areas of insurance.
Our Toronto/Markham office is expanding. Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop your skills and be a key member in the growth of our firm. We are looking for a Forensic Accountant with solid analytical and auditing skills who wants to become a part of this passionate team.
The Forensic Accountant’s primary responsibility is to use their accounting, auditing and investigative skills to review and analyze financial data, prepare financial schedules and reports for our clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review and analyze financial data to find/identify discrepancies or irregularities
- Preparing financial schedules and reports for insured losses (accident benefits, disability benefits, business interruption, loss of earning capacity due to personal injury, inventory losses and fraud investigations)
- Perform financial analysis in the context of legal or potentially legal disputes
- Respond to client inquiries in a timely manner
- Meet time budget and deadlines as expected per file
- Maintain appropriate legislative knowledge on an ongoing basis
- Other duties as required
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Strong analytical, accounting and auditing skills
- 1+ years experience in forensic accounting
- CPA designation or working towards CPA an asset
- Knowledge of insurance loss quantification and claims consulting process
- Highly detail oriented, excellent organizational/time management and communication skills
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.