Alectra Energy Solutions
Alectra is committed to putting our people first in providing a positive employee experience and a safe work environment. Our Hybrid Workplace policy allows for an effective balance for employees with the opportunity to work in a hybrid environment; a combination of Remote / In-office work based on operational requirements.
The Financial Analyst, reporting to the Manager, Finance provides financial and operational support and is accountable for providing financial transaction analysis, financial valuation modelling, reporting, strategic planning, budget and forecast support for existing business operations and to the growth of new operations and business units within the joint venture.
- Works collaboratively with Corporate Finance, Treasury and other key internal stakeholders to develop and enable financing strategies to support the continued growth of both current and future business;
- Carries out geographical or sectorial analysis to evaluate growth opportunities;
- Build complex and flexible financial models to evaluate investment opportunities and financing proposals for projects, as well as to improve the quality and transparency of financial results and forecasts and to facilitate ad hoc reporting;
- Review and evaluate initial data room documents and coordinate diligence efforts with internal subject matter experts and third-party advisors
- Liaise with project managers and technical partners to prepare and respond to RFI and RFP in the active pursuit of business opportunities;
- Provide direction to management on budgeting process and assumptions and develop annual 5-year financial plan as related to the joint venture;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual actual versus budget variance analysis, and other financial analysis for reporting to the Executive Committee, SLT and the Board, as related to the joint venture;
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to support reporting and provision of financial data as required for budgeting;
- Support interim and year-end financial audits as related to the Joint Venture and new projects;
- Work with the Manager, Finance to provide overall strategic support related to the business strategy of the joint venture, including financial modeling and business case analysis;
- Communicates complex information in a straightforward way to internal stakeholders on a regular basis in meetings or with presentations;
- Provide input and strategic support to operations team to assist them in planning, review and reporting on capital project progress against targets, ensuring timely closing of completed projects;
- Provide technical expertise in the planning, design and implementation of projects and key initiatives;
- Develop reporting templates and tools for financial planning;
- Identify opportunities to streamline or automate business processes to continuously improve efficiencies;
- Ensures compliance to Health & Safety policies, procedures and standards;
- Performs other duties to support the non-regulated business as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
Education & Specialized Knowledge
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting;
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience in financial modeling and management reporting;
- CBV or CFA preferred. CPA, MBA an asset;
- Reporting to Joint Venture partners would be an asset
- Superior proficiency with IT-based automated budgeting and reporting tools;
- Superior proficiency with Excel application;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- A minimum of 3-5 years related work experience including financial reporting, financial modeling, valuation techniques, variance analysis, system and process automation;
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience modelling load profiles, as well as financial components including tax, debt, leases, etc.
- Utility industry experience is an asset;
- Experience at an investment bank or consulting firm would be considered an asset.
- Must hold and maintain a valid class “G” driver’s license;
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple projects and initiatives within established timelines;
- Solid problem-solving and analytical skills with strong results orientation and ability to deliver under tight deadline and pressure;
- Strong written and presentation skills, with the ability to explain financial information in an organized and concise way;
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong management, attention to detail, analysis, and the ability to influence others;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with peers (and other staff in non-reporting relationship) in a team-based environment;
- Solid leadership skills, including strength in understanding, developing and motivating people towards the achievement of a common set of goals;
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player committed to overall success of the organization.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this position and meet the qualifications, please submit your resume by visiting our Careers page at https://www.alectra.com/careers
Should you have any questions regarding this opportunity, or need assistance in applying for the posting, please send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also submit a resume for us to keep on file and review as new opportunities arise that might be the right fit for your skills and experience.
Alectra is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a recruitment process that respects the dignity and independence of all candidates. Alectra will consult with all applicants who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant’s individual accessibility needs, to the point of undue hardship.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Alectra. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.