Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $350 billion, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed half a trillion dollars by 2025. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are currently hiring for an Associate, with experience in private equity to join the Valuations Team. The Valuations Team has overall accountability and oversight of the valuation of all the private investments at CPPIB, excluding real estate. The Valuations Team performs independent quarterly valuations on the private investments, including within the following asset classes: private equity, infrastructure, energy & resources, power & renewables, private debt, and any other private asset at CPPIB.
The Associate will be primarily accountable for modelling and report writing of private equity assets, including creatively and judgementally determining the proper valuation approach and methodologies for new assets, and assets where the Valuations Team has not previously modelled. The Associate will work directly with the Valuations Team managers on enhancing the valuation processed and framework, and seeking opportunities to increase the team efficiencies.
- Organizing and completing quarterly valuations for existing and new private equity assets by providing insightful valuation analysis to proactively identify material quarterly valuation movements
- Build complex dynamic financial models to value investments, challenge assumptions and test sensitivities, both at an asset level and by portfolio
- Stratify and analyze large data sets to identify historical performance trends, detect correlations, identify key value drivers and perform calibration
- Prepare detailed valuation reports and valuation highlights for inclusion in Valuation Committee, Audit Committee and other board level reporting
- Train, mentor, review and validate financial models prepared by junior staff
- Monitor global market events (eg. Brexit, U.S. Tax Reform, natural disasters, and quickly design valuation sensitivities and tests to assess the impact on the portfolio on a macro-basis
- Work closely with the investment teams as follow: (1) onboarding recently closed investments into the Valuation Teams modelling processes, (2) reviewing and assessing valuation assumptions and point estimates (3) assessing material events with any portfolio companies
- Work closely with other CPPIB departments within finance, including performance measurement, corporate finance and reporting and analytics, on a daily basis, including fair value disclosure requirements and other ad hoc reporting
- Undergraduate or Master’s University Degree
- Completion or near completion of the Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) designation
- Professional designations such as a CPA or CFA are considered an asset
- Expert in fair value accounting under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Approximately 3 to 5 years of relevant valuation experience
- Solid understanding of private markets and industry transactions
- Strong technical skills and investment industry knowledge
- Excellent research, financial modelling, analytical and valuation skills
- Advanced Excel skills, programming and coding skills, and comfortable learning new systems
- Team player who enjoys working in a high performing culture, who is comfortable redesigning and improving processes almost on a daily basis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with high degree of professionalism
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership & high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.