About the Company:
Secretariat International is a leading independent expert services and consulting practice that has offices across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. We specialize in international arbitration and commercial litigation, forensic accounting, economic damages, financial services, large scale construction disputes, and government contracting. Secretariat’s experts maintain integrity, quality and objectivity when solving complex disputes and deliver detailed analyses in a clear and concise manner.
Secretariat’s experienced and knowledgeable team provides our clients and their legal teams with the technical support to effectively problem-solve every key aspect of the dispute resolution process. Our experts are adept at providing testimony and being cross-examined across the globe in arbitrations, mediations, and trials. In addition to our disputes experience, Secretariat has a wide range of consulting expertise in the construction and financial services industry. Our professionals have worked in industry and public accounting to bring a unique perspective to assist clients in growing their business and addressing complex issues.
Secretariat was recently named to Consulting magazine’s prestigious “2019 Best Firms to Work For” list, an award that is based on an analysis of over 11,000 surveys completed by consulting professionals at more than 325 firms around the world.
We are currently seeking talented financial professionals to join our office in Toronto.
Successful candidates will join an expanding domestic and international business valuation and damages quantification practice. Our Toronto-based group works on some of the largest and most complex valuation cases in the world, including Investor-State arbitration and large international commercial disputes. These cases will give the successful candidate exposure to unique, complex, interesting issues, often integrating valuation, finance, accounting and economics, as well as legal procedures and principles of economic damages.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, and we support the continuing professional development of our employees.
- Conduct economic and industry research
- Analyze financial and non-financial information, and report findings to other team members and to clients
- Develop valuation parameters (i.e. discount rate, forecasts, etc.) and prepare financial models
- Assist with the preparation of damages and valuation reports
- Assist with the preparation of critique reports examining the conclusions of other experts
- Communicate with clients and counsel
- Prepare for and attend hearings, trials and mediations
- Manage the day-to-day requirements of multiple engagements
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Able to quickly assimilate relevant information in unfamiliar situations
- Able to develop creative approaches and solutions necessary to resolve complex problems
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent listening, verbal, written, technical, and presentation skills
- Language skills are advantageous given the international focus of our practice
- Willing to occasionally travel internationally
- Requisite professional designations and work experience:
- Fully qualified holder of the CPA designation (required)
- CBV holder, student, or willing to enroll in the CICBV program
- Prior experience at one of the ‘Big Four’ accounting firms would be an asset
- 1-5 years of experience in economic damages and/or business valuation, depending on the role being applied for
Secretariat International is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, provincial, or local law.
Send resumes directly to: email@example.com