bain smith business valuation + consulting inc., a financial advisory firm in Thunder Bay Ontario, specializing in business valuation, damages quantification and financial advisory services, is seeking an energetic and motivated individual, who has both strong communication and leadership skills. We will keep you challenged through a large variety of work, including valuations for litigation and acquisition purposes; and loss calculations related to personal injury, income replacement benefits, business interruption losses, and contractual disputes. If interested, there will be opportunities to expand your practice to a greater variety of work, providing advisory services to clients who are seeking to commence new projects, expand or improve current operations. Our client base extends across Northern Ontario and across a variety of industries.
At bain smith consulting, we offer a competitive compensation package, ongoing professional development, a flexible working environment and partnership opportunities for the right candidate. While a small firm, we work jointly with many other professionals who provide supports and services to augment our work regularly. We pride ourselves on our high quality work, professional acumen and ability to solve complex assignments for clients.
Enjoy family life in Thunder Bay, ON! Building a successful and rewarding career is possible in Thunder Bay, ON. With a population of 120,000 and serving as the hub of Northwestern Ontario, Thunder Bay offers you the ability to build a successful career and have time to enjoy your family. Reduced living costs, no heavy traffic and easy access to all types of activities. Hiking, swimming, hunting, boating are just outside your doorstep; 18 holes of golf can easily be played after work, skiing is just around the corner and there are no line ups to get your children into their favourite activities. There are multiple flights to and from Thunder Bay each day, with almost 900,000 passengers flying in and out in any given year.
Qualifications and Skills that will Lead to Success in our Firm:
- CPA, CA designation
- CBV designation (or enrolled in the CICBV program of studies)
- Prior experience with business valuation and damage quantification files
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- Proficiency in all Microsoft products
- Ability to build a network of referral sources
Your Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of business valuation, damage quantification and critique reports, including related research, financial modelling and analysis;
- Provision of high quality professional service to our clients, assisting them through the litigation process, as required;
- Relationship building in the community to continue to grow our practice;
- Guidance and support to other staff associates requiring assistance;
Please send your CV and expression of interest in confidence by November 21, 2019 to:
Donna Smith, CPA, CA, CBV, CFF
bain smith business valuation + consulting inc.
595 Arthur Street East, Unit 200C
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 5R5