SVG, Western Canada’s leading boutique valuation and M&A advisory firm, is seeking an Associate or Director to join their team in a unique role that combines highly analytical business valuations and fast-paced rewarding M&A transactions. Spence Valuation Group provides business valuation and litigation support services to businesses of all sizes across a wide variety of industries. SVG Capital Group provides middle market M&A advisory services to business owners throughout Western Canada.
Working directly with the firm’s partners this client-facing role will provide experience in business valuations in support of transactions, matrimonial disputes, shareholder disputes and corporate reorganizations; damages and economic loss quantifications in a litigation context; and, M&A advisory services including divestitures, acquisitions, due diligence and quality of earnings reports. Responsibilities will be commensurate with experience but the right candidate will be managing multiple valuation files and be an integral member of our deals team, interacting directly with business owners, lawyers and external advisors. Rapid career advancement is expected within SVG’s entrepreneurial environment.
– Chartered Professional Accountant designation
– Chartered Business Valuator designation or a registered student in the CBV Program of Studies
– Chartered Financial Analyst charterholder or student would be an asset
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
– Highly analytical and detail oriented
– A problem solver with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
– Entrepreneurial and self motivated
What We Offer
– Competitive base pay and benefits with material transaction-based bonuses
– Exposure to very diverse work opportunities
– Mentorship from highly-experienced practitioners
– Professional growth and development with excellent career advancement opportunities
– Great work-life balance in the majestic Okanagan Valley
Please send us your resume and cover letter in confidence to Derek Sanders at email@example.com .