Sequeira Partners is Western Canada’s leading independent sell-side transaction and valuation advisor to private and public businesses. A deep experience in transaction advisory has led to Sequeira Partners becoming one of the fastest growing mid-market investment banking boutiques in Western Canada, with over $3.0 billion dollars worth of transactions completed.
Our Valuation Team
We are a fast paced and collaborative team, providing independent and objective valuation services to both private and public companies across a broad range of industries. As designated Chartered Business Valuators, we are a leader with corporate clients in providing valuations for financial reporting. This includes purchase price allocations, asset impairments, tax reorganizations, and other corporate actions. Our team of trusted advisors serve business owners with estate and succession planning, freeze transactions, transaction pricing, and employee ownership plans. We work closely with the tax and legal communities to provide valuations for reorganizations, transactions, and disputes. Our pragmatic approach and analytical insight, as well as real-time experience through Sequeira Partners’ sell-side M&A team, provides a unique valuation perspective.
We are seeking an individual whose proven academic excellence, strong technical ability, problem solving skills, and passion for client services will enable us to further establish our position as a leader in our industry. As an Analyst in on the Valuation team, you will work with our highly motivated and dynamic senior professionals to deliver complex analyses and answers to our clients. You will be exposed to unique advisory engagements, will connect with clients in a wide range of industries, and engage in business development opportunities to further your professional development.
What You Will Do
As an Analyst in Valuations, your core valuation and advisory responsibilities are the following:
- Create, review and deliver valuation models including forecasts, earnings analyses, and discounted cash flows
- Perform detailed financial analysis
- Research comparable transactions and industry trading metrics in support of private company valuations
- Conduct and summarize industry and economic research
- Develop, draft, format and prepare high-quality client deliverables including valuation reports and stakeholder presentations
- Coordinate detailed buyer due diligence, including managing electronic data rooms and preparing materials to be provided to buyers
Outside of the core day-to-day activities, you will assist our Valuation and M&A teams in advancing strategic initiatives, marketing, and business development. This will include the following:
- Perform industry and target company research to identify prospective clients or learn about targeted businesses
- Identify and participate in business development opportunities (i.e. presentation and industry events)
- Draft presentations to prospective clients and influencer groups on topics such as business sales, valuation and exit readiness
- Monitor external news and transaction activity for information that is relevant to potential clients and team members
- Cross-utilize with the M&A Team on sell-side projects, as required
- Create and design marketing materials.
- Qualified CPA
- Enrolled or interested to enroll in the CBV program, with the expectation of obtaining the CBV designation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong modelling abilities in Microsoft Excel
- Experience understanding and analyzing financial statements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Characteristics We Look For
- The ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Proven organizational and time management skills to effectively balance multiple priorities and competing demands with tight deadlines
- Dynamic and results-oriented problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to creating polished work products
Is the Opportunity for You?
Join our diverse team of dedicated and experienced transaction and valuation professionals whose entrepreneurial spirit enables us to be adaptable to the unique needs of our clients.
If you believe you meet the criteria above, we look forward to meeting with you!
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to:
Administrative Marketing Coordinator