Are you interested in the valuation of private companies with a global reach?
We are looking for a motivated person who wants to join a global investor on a world class Valuations team, while growing their career at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, working from our office in beautiful downtown Victoria, BC.
The Finance department is part of BCI Operations and is responsible for investment and corporate accounting, valuation, as well as financial statements and financial client reporting.
The Valuation team oversees the valuation process for BCI’s private investment portfolio, including Private Equity, Infrastructure & Renewable Resource, and Private Credit. The team performs a rigorous review to ensure that the fair value determined for each investment can be relied upon for client reporting, financial reporting, and strategic decision making at BCI.
You will play a key role in the valuation of private investments, reviewing and preparing valuation models for a subset of the portfolio to support the quarterly and year-end valuation processes. You will have an opportunity to collaborate with teams across the organization, including investment teams, Risk, Financial Reporting, and Investment Accounting.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- A professional designation: CPA (preferred), CBV or CFA
- At least one to five years of relevant valuation experience
- Strong analytical, financial modelling and research skills
- Knowledge of valuation methodologies for private market investments
- An interest in data visualization and experience with PowerBI or similar software is an asset
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Review valuations prepared by investment teams and external valuators, verifying or challenging key valuation assumptions
- Develop valuation models for select investments
- Work with senior leaders to resolve valuation issues and prepare memorandums to support Finance’s recommendation of fair value
- Identify key valuation drivers and prepare insightful summary reporting and presentations for senior management
WHY WORK AT BCI?
BCI is one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and has built programs and benefits to support all our employees. BCI supports your professional development by providing world class learning and development opportunities. Within your first year in Valuations, you will have an opportunity to participate in financial modelling training from the Marquee Group and attend seminars and conferences of the CBV Institute.
As an employee of BCI you will have access to benefits such as:
- Extended health and dental coverage
- 20 days vacation per year
- Participation in our defined benefit pension plan
- 1-day paid for volunteering
- Various wellness benefits
BCI is happy to confirm we have returned to our offices effective Monday, April 4, 2022. We will be piloting a hybrid program whereby a majority of employees may work from home up to two days per week. Please note that some positions are not eligible for hybrid work.
Tell us briefly in your cover letter about why you are passionate about Valuations!