Royal Bank of Canada
What is the opportunity?
In this Analyst role, you will be a key member of the Corporate Development team responsible for helping across a wide variety of strategic initiatives, including supporting the development, evaluation and execution of mergers & acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures opportunities, globally across the Bank. Corporate Development team reports into RBC’s Group Executive member and works closely with senior leadership across the bank to help deliver on RBC’s strategic agenda. For this important and high exposure role, we are looking for an energetic candidate, who has strong mix of strategic thinking and deal execution capabilities.
What will you do?
- Support strategic work in the development and evaluation of inorganic growth initiatives
- Support analysis of potential acquisition and divestiture opportunities for strategic fit and value case
- Assist in the preparation of financial analysis, including building of company forecast models, assessment of synergies / dis-synergies, valuation analysis, and impact of acquisition / divestiture on RBC group
- Help coordinate the due diligence process in close collaboration with business units and functional partners in connection with transaction execution
- Assist in preparation of deal analytics and other presentation materials to senior management
- Maintain good knowledge of business lines within RBC
- Assist in conducting market research, analyzing industry trends, preparing potential target assessments and related initiatives, while working closely with business and strategy groups
- Provide support as required on other strategic initiatives and Bank projects
What do you need to succeed?
- Honours-level University degree in Business/Finance/Economics/Math or similar field
- 2+ years or more of experience in financial modeling, valuation and Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Good understanding of the financial services sector and ability to conduct research and analysis work across various lines of banking businesses
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Detailed understanding of key research tools (such as Bloomberg, ThomsonOne, SNL)
- Flexibility to adapt working hours to the situation required
- CPA, CA, CBV, or CFA designation (either completed or in process of completion)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work