Global Container Terminals
This is an exciting opportunity in finance with Global Container Terminals Inc. (“GCT”) based in Vancouver, BC. GCT (owned by the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, IFM Investors and British Columbia Investment Management Corporation) is the corporate parent of four marine terminal operations, two located at the Port of Vancouver and two located at the Port of New York and New Jersey. Our container handling facilities have a long and stable history, and expansion opportunities exist internally and externally in this dynamic segment of the marine transportation industry.
The Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis will provide financial planning, analysis and reporting for the organization ensuring data integrity, accuracy and completeness of all business and financial reports. This role will require a detailed understanding of the revenue and cost drivers and other key metrics of the business to ensure meaningful support of each of the operations in Vancouver and New York. The Senior Analyst will be a key support and financial link between the business units, GCT corporate office and the shareholders.
The Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis will take an active financial role working very closely with the divisional operations, divisional finance groups, GCT corporate personal, and the shareholders (OTPP, IFM and BCI). The Senior Analyst will work with a small group of corporate finance and other executives at GCT’s corporate offices in downtown Vancouver, reporting to the Vice President, Finance.
Roles and Responsibilities
Financial Planning and Analysis
Under the direction and guidance of the Vice President, Finance:
• Execute all of the modeling and other related duties of GCT’s long-range financial planning model, which includes a detailed understanding of revenue and costs;
• Support the Manager, FP&A in executing all project related financial modeling as required, including scenario analysis;
• Support the preparation and complete the financial modeling of GCT’s annual 5-year strategic plan update;
• Support the preparation of GCT’s annual consolidated budget process and outputs;
• Support GCT’s quarterly re-forecasting process by providing financial analysis and preparation of related management and Board reports;
• Become the champion and owner the GCT’s planning tools (short and long-term)
• Play an active role in finance related projects (system, process improvements, OneGCT Finance initiatives)
• Complete the financial modeling for GCT’s internal and external capital projects, assessing financial metrics including NPV, IRR and other return metrics;
• Provide support in the execution and preparation of written reports and business cases for GCT’s capital projects and revenue opportunities;
• Prepare other internal financial reports for management, the shareholders and the Board of Directors as required;
• Prepare and centrally manage the cash forecasting process for all four terminals, with assistance from the Analyst, FP&A;
• Ensure operational cash forecasts are consistent and tie into long-term models
Qualifications and Experience
• Undergraduate degree, preferably supplemented with a CPA, MBA, CFA;
• Minimum 5+ years of related work experience as a financial analyst in either industry or public practice with a focus on Financial Planning & Analysis and Financial Modeling
• Demonstrated progression through an accounting, valuation or finance area (either in public practice or industry) with strong analytical ability and understanding of key financial drivers of businesses;
• An in-depth understanding of various financial analysis tools, methods and technologies to support decision making processes;
• Direct experience preparing financial plans, budgets and forecasts with related variance analysis;
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
• Advanced excel modeling skills and experience;
Key Attributes & Education
• Keen analytical mind, able to take complex problems and situations, and present a written and verbal solution in an easy to understand manner;
• Strong communication skills, ability to interact with and persuasively present financial issues to all levels of management;
• Experience preparing business cases and other materials for senior management;
• Ability to deal with individuals and develop sound relationships with staff and stakeholders at all levels of the organization;
• Aptitude and enthusiasm for improving business and finance processes and making the best use of technology;
• Strongly analytical and adept at identifying trends and variances;
• Team player with the ability to maintain a positive work environment;
• Attention to detail with ability to “roll-up” the sleeves, while not losing sight of big picture;
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
To take your career where tomorrow arrives today, visit our website for a more detailed job description: http://globalterminalscanada.com/content/careers. Click on Career Opportunities and apply online.