Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
As Portfolio Valuation Expert, you will contribute to the completion of highly complex strategic mandates and files. You will also act as a leader in your field.
You will support the manager in completing tactical and strategic mandates to evaluate portfolios containing investments in private companies.
You will serve as a subject matter expert in your field and provide specialized support to the investment team.
You will serve as a specialized advisor and subject matter expert in your field for senior management and decision-making bodies.
- Assist the manager in completing tactical and strategic mandates to evaluate private investment portfolios. Serve as a subject matter expert in your field and provide specialized support to the investment team. More specifically:
- Within the framework of the investment and divestiture process, you will use your expertise to valuate companies in which the funds under management have invested in share capital or convertible debentures.
- Assist as a preparer and reviewer in the mid-year evaluations of the investment portfolio in compliance with the evaluation methodology approved by the Board of Directors, ensuring that the documentation is compliant with AMF regulations.
- Act as business manager in updating and developing the tools used to valuate companies and in implementing additional functionalities in the database.
- Create and implement the tools and practices that meet the needs of the various business lines in terms of lead time and guidance level.
- Design solutions that meet highly complex needs and make recommendations about implementation strategies and priorities.
- Ensure continual monitoring to maintain a high level of expertise in their field of activity.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience
- Experience evaluating new technologies and companies in the early stages of development (an asset).
- Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered.
- Hold the title of CBV or CFA, with experience in valuating private companies
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required.
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
- Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
- Business insight, Decision quality, Organizational savvy, Persuades, Strategic mindset
Reference : R1911154 Duration : Full time Work Location : Complexe Desjardins, Montréal Deadline Date: 2020-02-5
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5e1f7129fd3d143df5257c91/56b5014109e1cc0622ffc436/en