Deloitte, one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services through more than 7,600 people in 57 offices. Deloitte operates in Québec as Samson Bélair/Deloitte & Touche s.e.n.c.r.l. Deloitte & Touche LLP, an Ontario Limited Liability Partnership, is the Canadian member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.
Your career is important to you. It’s important to us, too. The time is right for you to join Deloitte.
At Deloitte, we’re committed to recognizing, affirming and celebrating the diversity of opinion, talent and expertise that make each person unique.
Here’s a specific opportunity to experience Deloitte firsthand.
Even the best-managed ventures are vulnerable to external influences-that’s where Deloitte’s Financial Advisory experts step in. As a member of our Financial Advisory team, you’ll help small start-ups to massive multinationals face financial issues with informed confidence. Using your deep technical skills and leveraging our global network of experts, you’ll provide financial advice to companies in every industry, and in every situation. The result? Our clients will be better placed to take control and receive the best solutions to their complex challenges.
A career in Financial Advisory will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagements
The Edmonton Financial Advisory services practice is currently searching for an Analyst or Senior (depending on overall experience and qualifications) to join our Corporate Finance group. As an Analyst/Senior, you will gain exposure to a number of services including:
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures;
- Transaction review and due diligence;
- Strategic and financial consulting;
- Financial modeling; and,
- Business valuations.
As an Analyst/Senior you will:
- Work in a collaborative team performing market analysis and researching transactions, industries and financial information
- Contribute to presentation materials, reports and schedules for client engagements
- Prioritize your objectives and contribute to project planning and status reporting
- Leverage your education and experience to develop your understanding of our clients’ business
A qualified candidate will have the following:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree or MBA specializing in finance or accounting (or both) with outstanding academic credentials
- Completion or progression toward an accounting designation (CA, CMA), MBA, CBV or CFA would be considered positively, but not a requirement
- Analyst 1-3 years or Senior 3-5 years of relevant work experience in business development, financial analysis and M&A.
- Commitment to pursue a Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) designation
- Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving
- Attention to detail and strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Some Canadian travel and occasional international travel may be required. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply on-line at www.deloitte.ca, and search reference number CAEDM57149ACD, type of position: Full-time