You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG, you’ll be one of over 200,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 154 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
With one of the largest teams of accredited valuators in Canada, KPMG is a respected leader in the provision of valuations. Working as part of the team will provide you with exposure to a breadth of files in various industries, allowing you to gain valuable experience while building your professional network and business acumen. As a Consultant/Senior Consultant, you will assist in preparing valuation assignments in support of transactions, financial reporting, and other services across a diverse range of industries.
As a Consultant/Senior Consultant in the Complex Financial Instruments Team, you will work with other members of the Valuations practice to model and price complex financial instruments (mainly derivatives and fixed income).
Our valuation approach is rigorous. We invest the time required to understand the subject business and financial instrument. We combine our knowledge of valuation principles and techniques with our practical understanding of capital markets. We excel when faced with complex and unusual issues.
What Valuations can offer you:
We offer a dynamic work environment, competitive salary and the opportunity to grow your experience, technical knowledge and professional skills. Life balance and flexibility are also important to us while meeting client needs and project timelines.
We provide you with the opportunity to gain exposure to multiple industries, including mining, real estate, financial institutions, and retail. We also work closely with the major players in the Canadian pension plan and private equity/credit sectors. In addition, our team collaborates with many other practices and offices in Canada and around the world.
Your professional development is important to us. We strongly encourage individuals to commence and obtain designations over time that will assist them in this role, including the CFA, CBV and/or FRM. We also provide internal training and support external training in order for you to achieve your professional goals.
As you progress in the Valuations practice, you will have the opportunity to gain the following:
- The ability to apply various valuation methodologies in a meaningful way;
- Financial modelling competencies;
- Enhanced analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Advanced research competencies;
- Professional report writing skills;
- Industry knowledge and expertise; and,
- The opportunity to become a well-rounded valuation professional with knowledge across various industries and of the general economic environment.
What you will do:
You will be involved in the preparation of valuation models for the above-mentioned engagements as well as supporting the KPMG Audit Practice in connection with various valuation assertions in the course of their audit. In addition, you will:
- Manage multiple engagements and successfully complete client deliverables;
- Perform financial analyses; Build financial models for various engagements, such as employee incentive plans, carried interest, and complex stock options;
- Conduct industry and economic research;
- Write and edit reports and memorandums, including preparation of tables and graphs, documentation of work performed and conclusions.
What you bring to the role:
- Strong quantitative skills as evidenced by a degree in Accounting, Finance, Actuarial Science, Financial Engineering/Mathematical Finance/Mathematics or equivalent;
- Strong writing skills and ability to communicate effective;
- 1-2 years of valuation experience is an asset;
- Prior advisory experience at one of the big 4 accounting firms is an asset;
- Professional accreditation (e.g. CPA, CBV, CFA, FRM, or PRM) is an asset.
Keys to your success:
- Strong interest in learning about financial instrument valuation principles and techniques;
- Excellent analytic skills and problem-solving abilities with a can-do mindset;
- Goal-oriented approach with meticulous attention to detail and dedication to outstanding quality of work;
- Ability to think creatively and critically to find solutions to unusual client circumstances and anticipated risks.