About the Company:
Secretariat International is an international expert advisory services firm. Secretariat specializes in international arbitration, general commercial arbitration/litigation, forensic accounting, economic damages, construction and government contracting. Secretariat’s experts maintain integrity, quality, and objectivity when solving complex disputes, delivering detailed analyses, and articulating meaningful results in a clear and concise manner.
In addition to our offices in the US, Mexico, Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we are excited to have opened an office in Toronto and are seeking talented financial professionals to fill a number of roles in our Toronto office.
Successful candidates will join an expanding domestic and international business valuation and damages quantification practice. Our Toronto-based group works on some of the largest and most complex cases in the world, including Investor-State arbitration and large international commercial disputes. These cases will give the successful candidate exposure to unique, complex, interesting issues, often integrating valuation, finance, accounting and economics, as well as legal procedures and principles of damages.
- Conduct economic and industry research
- Analyze financial and non-financial information, and report findings to other team members
- Develop valuation parameters (i.e. discount rate, etc.) and prepare financial models
- Assist with the preparation of damages and valuation reports
- Assist with the preparation of critique reports examining the conclusions of other experts
- Communicate with clients and counsel
- Prepare for and attend hearings, trials and mediations
- Manage the day-to-day requirements of multiple engagements
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Able to quickly assimilate relevant information in unfamiliar situations
- Able to develop creative approaches and solutions necessary to resolve complex problems
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent listening, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Language skills are advantageous given the international focus of our practice
- Willing to travel internationally
Requisite professional designations and work experience:
- Fully qualified holder of CPA, CA designation (required)
- CBV holder, student or willing to enroll in the CICBV program, depending on the role being applied for,
- ‘Big Four’ audit experience and/or 1-5+ years damages/valuation experience, depending on the role being applied for
Secretariat International is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, provincial, or local law.
Send resumes directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org