ABOUT BOREALIS INFRASTRUCTURE
Borealis Infrastructure is the core infrastructure investment fund of Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) with over $18 billion in assets under management and ranks as one of the world’s largest infrastructure investors.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Analyst, Valuations & Reporting will report to the Director, Valuations & Reporting, and will be responsible for activities that support the valuation and analysis of OMERS infrastructure investments. Primary responsibilities include the development of valuation models, model audits, and various other activities in support of both the Finance Team and the Transaction Team, as required.
- By following established valuation processes, help complete the execution of internally prepared valuation projects including the development of valuation models and drafting of valuation memos.
- Identify value opportunities and risks in the portfolio.
- Provide valuation analysis on investment transactions under consideration in support of investment decision-making.
- Monitor market events and provide analysis on the impact these events may have on the valuation of an asset and update the valuation models accordingly.
- Stays abreast of trends and developments in the valuations field, seeking out opportunities both to increase knowledge and demonstrate subject matter expertise on valuations practices.
- Assist in the implementation of strategic initiatives to promote the continuous improvement of valuation policies, procedures, and processes.
- Prepares valuation analysis for financial reporting requirements such as purchase price allocations, impairment testing, or other fair value measurements and disclosures.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process.
- Participate in the coordination of activities with external appraisers and auditors.
- Assist in the preparation of valuations for tax purposes.
- Provide assistance to the Transaction Team or investment entities, as required.
- Participate in quarterly Finance Team meetings.
- Participate in bi-weekly Transaction Team meetings.
- Align with the Director, Valuations & Reporting in assist with the strategic planning process including maintaining financial models and forecasting investment values and returns for portfolio investments.
- Assist with the review of Transaction Team models involving acquisitions and dispositions.
- Supports the preparation of internal and external financial reports, as required.
- Participate in special projects or duties, as required.
- A Chartered Accountant and accreditation or enrollment in a professional valuation designation(s) (CBV preferred), together with 1-2 years of experience in valuations. Knowledge in infrastructure is an asset.
- Strong team player.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and financial modeling skills.
- Strong excel and modeling skills, including the ability to work with complex financial models.
- Highly motivated individual with a proven track record to deliver results and execute effectively on key initiatives in both the short and longer term.
- Effective organization, time management and communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment and interact well with all members of the Finance Team and the Transaction Team.
- Ability to work with management at all levels.
This position is located in Toronto and the candidates should go to our careers page at (www.omers.com) or the direct link is: