Membership Qualification ExaminationSee the registration form below.
The MQE is written after completion of CBV Institute’s Program of Studies.
The MQE tests a candidate’s competency in content covered by the mandatory courses (i.e. Levels I, II, III and IV). All content from these courses is testable on the MQE.
2021 MQE- ONLINE WRITING
anticipatedIt is that the MQE we will be using Examity Online Proctoring Services. Online examination, securely administered with remote proctoring, will ensure a consistent and reliable exam experience is available to everyone, regardless of location. The requirements to write online exams can be found here.
The examination fee for the 2021 MQE is $1,370.
As all MQE candidates will be writing their exams online, the $200 international student fee will not apply to the 2021 MQE. International MQE candidates who have already paid this fee will be refunded the $200.
Date of 2021 MQE
Wednesday, September 29, 2021 (4 hours duration)
March 1, 2021
Registrations to write the 2021 MQE will not be accepted after June 30, 2021, with the exception of those Students writing their last exam in the 2021 Summer Term
QUALIFICATION TO WRITE MQE
CBV Institute’s Program of Studies must be completed before registering to write the MQE.
MQE STUDY MATERIAL
Available once a Student applies to write the MQE.
- Automatic online access to prior MQEs and suggested solutions
- Online access to current course notes for the four mandatory courses
- Access is only for Student use for study purposes.
COMPETENCIES AREAS TESTED
- Value Terms and Principles
- Valuation Methods
- The Valuation or Litigation Support Assignment
- Professional Conduct
- Specific Issues Encountered in Valuation or Litigation Support Assignments
- The Law Relevant to Valuation and Litigation Support
- Taxation Issues Relevant to Valuation and Litigation Support
- Professional Competence Skills
View MQE competence framework for more details.
- No refund will be made for cancellations after Friday, September 3, 2021.
- MQE registrations cancelled before Friday, September 3, 2021, are eligible for a refund of the registration fee, less the retention of a cancellation fee of $175.
- MQE registrations cancelled after Friday, September 3, 2021, are not eligible for a refund, nor will fees be carried over to a subsequent year.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR DISABILITIES
Please review our policy
Accommodations for Registered Students and MQE Candidates With Disability.
Applications for such accommodations must be received by the Director of Education by May 31, 2021.
For further information, please contact:
Director of Education and Accreditation
- CBV Institute’s Board of Examiners oversees the development of the MQE.
- MQE questions are developed by CBVs to meet assessment requirements outlined in the Membership Qualification Examination Competence Framework.
- MQE question papers are available in French and English. Candidates may respond using either language.
- Examination Centers are administered by York University, and their designates.
- To maintain anonymity during the marking process, the only identification candidates may use is their assigned candidate number. Candidate numbers will be issued by the Institute in advance of the MQE.
- Examinations are marked by CBVs.
- A minimum mark of 60% is required to pass the MQE.
- CBV Institute’s Board of Examiners approves the MQE results.
- By late November or early December, candidates are notified when marks will be available.
- A candidate’s MQE marks will be posted in the “Marks” section of the Student profile on cbvinstitute.com
2021 MQE- EXAMINATION RULES
MQE Examination Rules
Candidates who are not successful on the MQE may request an appeal of their examination results within 30 days of receiving their mark.
Please see Membership Qualification Examination Appeal Process
CBV Institute’s Academic Honesty Policy
CBV Institute’s Examination Rules Policy
York University’s Academic Honesty Policy
NUMBER OF MQE ATTEMPTS
Important changes have been made to the Administration of the MQE policy. Click here to read the updated policy.
For further information, please contact:
Registrar & Manager of Education
You do not currently meet the requirements for MQE. See above for requirements.