Grant Thornton LLP
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
Our Advisory Services practice is looking for a Manager/Senior Manager of M&A in the Transactions group. The Transactions team provides financial advisory services to lower and middle-market private businesses in Canada and around the world in the areas of Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Advisory, Valuations and Transaction Advisory Services. You will play an integral role within the Transactions team by supporting and managing various aspects of client engagements.
As a highly motivated professional, in this role you will be expected to support the other senior members of the M&A team in all their disciplines. As an experienced M&A professional you should feel comfortable supervising and assisting the Associates in their role of:
- Undertaking qualitative and quantitative analyses to develop and validate solutions
- Ensuring compliance/due diligence to standard operating procedures/policies and relevant legislation in all aspects of work
- Meeting with clients to understand and analyze their businesses
- Conducting industry and market research
- Researching public companies to develop peer group valuations
- Performing comparable transaction analysis
- Building detailed valuation and financial models for private companies, including sensitivity analysis
- Analyzing target company financial statements and other financial information, focusing on any identified accounting, financial statement preparation or general financial issues
- Developing target lists of prospective purchasers or investors for sell side mandates and acquisition targets for buy side mandates
- Writing information memorandums for divestiture and capital advisory mandates
- Preparing presentations and proposals
- Conducting financial analysis and reporting on key findings and insights to support clients through the transaction process
- Comprehensive knowledge of the transaction lifecycle and normal course M&A deal terms
- Ability to recognize, analyze and comment on critical transaction risks
- Involvement in other group administrative duties
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Manager/Senior Manager M&A? Like the colour purple? Great. Here’s a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- A CPA designation or MBA designation
- 4+years’ of direct M&A experience
- Undergraduate degree in business with a concentration in finance or accounting
- Proven track record of high academic achievement
- Actively pursuing or willing to pursue an additional designation (i.e. CBV, CFA)
- Strong financial analysis skills and understanding of financial statements as well as solid financial modeling capabilities
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong business writing and communication skills
- Detail oriented and ability to juggle multiple assignments and projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and adapt to a dynamic environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Willingness to work through peak periods, as required
- A strong desire to help clients succeed in all aspects of their operations
- An interest in learning and understanding the business as a whole rather than just a piece of the process
- The ability to talk to and meet with people at various levels throughout an organization
- Enthusiasm for helping businesses grow and adding real value
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team, seeing a project from start to finish
- Access to a car and possession of a valid driver’s license
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Please apply directly through the link here.
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.