CI Global Asset Management
CI Global Asset Management is one of the country’s largest investment fund companies. CI is known for its innovation and ability to adapt quickly to the changing needs of Canadian investors. It provides employees with a fast-paced and challenging work environment with opportunities for advancement. CI is part of CI Financial, a diverse group of financial services firms.
We are currently seeking a Director, Business Valuations to join our Finance team. Reporting to the VP, Corporate Finance, the Director will primarily be responsible for the preparation, and ongoing review, of valuations of assets and other securities acquired through business combinations. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects related to corporate development and interact with executives across the firm. This is an exciting position that will significantly contribute towards the execution of our strategic priorities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Apply business valuation approaches and methods to a variety of projects, including purchase price allocations, calculation and subsequent assessment of contingent consideration, and testing of impairment of goodwill and other assets
- Participate in due diligence activities
- Manage document assembly, working papers and other support for valuation work, ensuring compliance with SOX.
- Work with internal stakeholders (Finance, Legal, Tax, M&A) and target companies to understand key drivers for valuation models
- Coordinate with third party providers (e.g. auditors, business valuation firms) regarding valuation methodology and support
- Research intermediate valuation and accounting topics, when necessary
- Assist with ad hoc projects, presentations, and initiatives, as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Undergraduate degree in relevant discipline (e.g. business/finance/accounting); Master’s degree is an asset
- CPA/CA designation required
- Chartered Business Valuator designation (or working towards one)
- Minimum 3-5 years of business valuation experience within a business valuation firm or valuation practice of a large audit, tax or advisory firm
- Previous experience performing business combination valuations for financial reporting
- Knowledge and experience in the field of wealth and asset management is preferred
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including comfort and confidence interacting with, and presenting to, senior management
- Strong work ethic, ability to learn and work independently as well as part of a team
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Our dedication to the Employee Experience at CI is aimed at supporting, empowering and inspiring our talented team through:
- Recognition & Compensation
- Training & Development
- Health & Well-being
- Communication & Feedback
If you are a passionate, committed and dynamic individual, please submit your cover letter and resume to our Careers site.
Please also indicate in your online application where you have viewed this posting. Thank you.
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CI Financial Corp. and all of our affiliates (“CI”) are committed to fair and accessible employment practices and we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations in order to apply for any job opportunities, or require this posting in an additional format, please contact us at email@example.com, or call 416-364-1145 ext. 4747. If you are contacted by CI regarding a job opportunity or testing and require accommodation in any stage of the recruitment process, please use the above contact information. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.