If you are a Valuations expert looking for an opportunity to help build a Valuations practice in a collaborative environment at a mid-sized CPA Firm, look no further.
DMCL LLP Chartered Professional Accountants has an opening for a seasoned Valuations professional with an entrepreneurial mindset who wants to be an integral part of our growing Valuations practice and firm. The ideal candidate has a passion for helping clients, an eye for detail, is ambitious and has a keen interest in problem solving.
If this sounds like you, here are a few more details. DMCL LLP is BC’s 8th largest public accounting firm with over 250 professionals and partners in four offices in the Lower Mainland and Victoria. DMCL is also a member of Moore Stephens International, one of the largest accounting associations in the world. With recent acquisitions, strategic initiatives and significant organic growth, we have a great opportunity for a passionate Valuations professional to advance their career.
As a Valuations Principal, you will play a critical role in leading and building the Valuations practice. You will work directly with our partners and our clients to effectively prepare valuation assignments in support of business transactions, financial reporting, tax planning and other services across a diverse range of industries. You will be responsible for participating and assisting in valuation and financial analyses and applying valuation theories and approaches, including: researching and gathering relevant information; analyzing information; participating in the formulation of valuation approaches; developing valuation and other business models; assisting in the preparation of valuation reports for a variety of purposes; and presenting valuation reports and findings to our clients.
Working at DMCL will provide you with exposure to a breadth of files in various industries, allowing you to gain valuable experience while building your professional network and business acumen. Our clients are diverse and work in a wide variety of industries including technology, real estate and construction, manufacturing and distribution, entertainment, restaurants and resources.
This position also offers a near term partnership opportunity.
- Managing valuation assignments in support of the purchase and/or sale of a business, income tax purposes, and financial reporting
- Supporting our private enterprise clientele in their valuation needs, including management buy-outs, shareholder and family disputes and business reorganizations
- Supporting our audit practice in their valuation needs, including purchase price allocations, goodwill and intangible asset impairment analysis, and financial instruments
- Conducting economic and industry research, detailed financial analysis and business modelling
- Drafting and reviewing valuation reports
- Preparing quantitative and qualitative valuation analyses
- Leading a range of valuation projects concurrently and assuming responsibility for the day-to-day execution and delivery of service on projects
- Managing, mentoring and training junior valuations professionals
- Supporting business development activities and contributing to the growth of the practice through the development of external and internal relationships.
- Completion of the Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) designation
- CPA designation
- Minimum of five years experience in Valuations
- Strong business modelling and analysis skills
- Excellent work ethic and dedication to meeting deliverable timelines
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and valuation based software
- Technical knowledge in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and/or other accounting standards and fair value issues arising therein
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to analyze a situation, recommend a course of action, and work with legal counsel, clients, colleagues and others to implement valuations strategies and solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong focus on client service, business development and leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively with other partners and staff
- Demonstrated ability to work directly and develop business relationships with clients, understand their needs and objectives and develop and execute plans to meet these objectives
In summary, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter who thrives working in a dynamic, fast paced environment with a demonstrated ability to influence, execute and manage people and processes. In this role, you will play a vital role in leading the Firm’s Valuations Practice, provide value added and practical solutions to solve our clients’ problems, anticipate their needs and contribute to their success.
This position provides an exceptional opportunity for you to exercise your entrepreneurial skills to develop business opportunities and career advancement in a flexible work environment with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
• A standard 35-hour work week;
• 4-day work week during the summer months;
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu of overtime;
• Continued professional development.
• A very competitive salary and benefits package.
DMCL LLP is a place where you will be valued as a professional, given the opportunity and tools to grow and thrive and will be recognized for your accomplishments and potential.