Growth is a top priority for Agrium Wholesale and it doesn’t just apply to the nutrients we make or the size of our Company. To achieve growth and remain healthy and profitable we need talented, diverse employees to support our initiatives. In 2012, we were named as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and in 2012 one of Alberta’s Top 55 Employers. Come grow your career at Agrium Wholesale where our employees strive to make a difference and take pride in helping to feed the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to participate on the Wholesale Analysis team to provide a designated Wholesale Business Team with analytical, financial and strategic support for base business and growth projects. Key aspects of this role are to develop and foster trust and relationships with Wholesale Leadership and pursue value-added analysis. This role reports to the Manager, Wholesale Analysis and provides a strong platform for growth more broadly within Wholesale and Agrium. In this role, ownership, initiative and personal growth and development are strongly encouraged.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Representing Wholesale Finance on a designated Wholesale Business Team, providing analytical, strategic and financial expertise;
- Supporting the development of the Business Team strategy and five-year plan;
- Providing Wholesale level economic analysis for major capital investment projects;
- Presenting and communicating economic analysis results to senior members of Wholesale management and leadership;
- Maintaining, developing and enhancing complex Excel-based financial models; and,
- Other ad hoc financial modeling and analysis as required.
Qualifications of the position include:
- A university degree in finance/commerce or engineering preferred;
- Professional designation (P. Eng, CBV, CA, CMA, CGA or CFA) or MBA;
- A minimum of ten years related work experience, a portion of which is in an operational environment;
- Strategic mind-set;
- Willingness to take the initiative and challenge the status quo;
- Exceptional analytical acumen and capacity to identify and solve complex problems;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to work in a multi-task, deadline-oriented team environment and build relationships with various levels of management and leadership;
- Attention to detail;
- Advanced modeling skills in Microsoft Excel and experience with Microsoft Word and Powerpoint; and,
- Experience with SAP (including Business Warehouse) would be an asset but is not required.
Agrium’s Corporate headquarters are located in Agrium Place in south Calgary adjacent to one of Calgary’s major traffic artery, MacLeod Trail South. The building, built in 1999 received the 2002 BOMA Canada Office Building of the Year in the Suburban Category which recognizes quality and excellence in office buildings management.
Agrium Wholesale is committed to providing employees with competitive compensation that reflects individual contribution, business performance and the markets in which we compete for talent. We pay-for-performance; employee total compensation is linked to Agrium’s goals and performance. We welcome diversity in our workplace and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and First Nations.
Join Agrium, www.agriumwholesale.com/careers and “Help Feed the World!”
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.