About Grant Thornton LLP
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. Together with the Quebec firm Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton LLP, Grant Thornton in Canada has approximately 4,000 people in offices across Canada, and annual revenues of more than $460 million. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose independent member firms operate in close to 100 countries worldwide.
Grant Thornton has been recognized by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for the last four consecutive years. In 2011 our firm ranked as the 5th Best Workplace in Canada, for companies with more than 1000 employees. We are also very proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s top 25 Best Workplaces for Women. Currently, we are successfully executing an ambitious strategy to establish a distinctive leadership brand in each of the markets in which we operate. It’s a very exciting time for our firm – we have the resources to compete, and the culture to differentiate.
Senior Associate in Advisory Services
As an international mid-size firm, we offer the full suite of services and international resources to rival any ‘large firm’. However we still possess that unique ‘small firm’ atmosphere and family environment – a place that allows you to quickly develop working relationships with clients and colleagues, and advance your career the way you want.
A career in Advisory Services at Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
- Advance your career more quickly than with other firms
- Work with a team of professionals who assist individuals and businesses with a wide range of advisory and financial services
- Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enlarge your chosen career path
- Be part of a fast growing environment with well respected professionals who are locally renowned in their respective field
- Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative debate and discussion
- Be engaged with clients on a variety of local, national and international projects
Our Saint John advisory services group offers stimulating opportunities for professionals interested in continuing their career by providing services that include: corporate finance, valuation, litigation support, business turnaround and business purchase and sale. We currently have 2 Senior Associate positions available (Saint John – 1 and Moncton – 1).
Why choose Grant Thornton?
At Grant Thornton you can make a difference every day. We have more offices across Canada than any other professional services firm, allowing us to be down the street from clients, not just downtown. We are independent in Canada with access to global resources, expertise and opportunities. Our professionals are renowned experts in their field who provide high level technical expertise. A greater variety of client files to work on means that, at Grant Thornton, you can do more, faster. We provide a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. We respect people’s lives outside of work and provide flexibility, where possible.
Our firm is recognized for quality, and we are a trusted brand on the move.
As a Senior Associate in Advisory Services, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the preparation of business valuation reports
- Prepare industry research
- Assist clients during the sale or acquisition of businesses
- Prepare financial projections
- Assist in preparation of loss quantification reports for use in litigation or other dispute resolution matters
- Develop business savvy by maintaining awareness of industry trends, the business environment and changes in legislation and may use this information to identify potential business opportunities
- Contribute to proposals/pursuits by gathering background materials/research and preparing business proposals
- Participate in external functions to develop the service line and/or Grant Thornton brand and contribute to the development of presentations, articles, etc.
- Maintain existing relationships with clients to exchange engagement specific data; develops new client relationships at the operational level
- Provide exceptional client service
Our Unique Culture
We are committed to the professional growth of our employees. We want you to achieve your full potential and are aware that our success as an organization depends on a combination of individual and team achievements. At Grant Thornton you’re sure to work with consummate professionals who love what they do. Our people truly make us different. Why is this important? Your career grows when you work with industry leading professionals on interesting assignments.
The skills and behaviours required for this position include:
- Possess a recognized appropriate accounting or business designation (CA, CGA, CMA, MBA, CFA)
- 2+ years post designation experience in public practice
- Have a desire and willingness to work toward the Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) designation
- Strong business acumen as well as technical capabilities
- Commitment to providing exceptional client service
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven problem solver with solid analytical skills
- Willingness to travel and work on multi-disciplined projects within New Brunswick
Location: Saint John
Located in the south-central region of the province of New Brunswick, Saint John is surrounded by natural parks and colorful streetscapes steeped in historic maritime charm. The city itself offers endless attractions, and it is the starting point for incredible excursions into the spectacular Bay of Fundy. Saint John is the perfect place to enjoy a rewarding career at Grant Thornton with a balanced lifestyle. With over 35 professionals in our uptown office, we are Atlantic Canada’s largest accounting firm. We are active in our communities and, as a result, the Grant Thornton brand is well known and very highly regarded.
Located at the tip of the Bay of Fundy, Moncton is viewed as the “hub” of Atlantic Canada. With its diverse heritage and rich history, it is home to many of New Brunswick’s top attractions. Not only is it minutes away from beautiful stretches of beaches with the warmest water north of the Carolinas but Moncton and surrounding areas offer breathtaking scenery, the tidal bore and arguably the best retail shopping in Atlantic Canada. Moncton has also been voted as one of Canada’s “top places to live” and most polite and honest city with the lowest crime rates in Canada. It is the perfect place to enjoy a “quality of life” with a typical commute to work averaging a mere 10 minutes and a lowered cost of living so you can spend more time on “enjoying” life. With over 60 professionals in our downtown office, we are Atlantic Canada’s largest accounting firm and a dominant player in the market.. We are active in our communities and, as a result, the Grant Thornton brand is well known and very highly regarded.
The Application process:
If you’re an enthusiastic and self-motivated team player and would like to play a leadership role in an exciting professional environment, please apply in confidence on-line at: