Running a business is all about making intelligent decisions, powered by accurate information. As a Valuation, Modelling & Economics Manager you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. When you join our industry-leading team, you’ll be right at the heart of that challenge, working with leading business tools and methodologies to provide to some of the most sophisticated clients around.
EY has an established industry-leading Transaction Advisory Services Practice. We help clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world. With so many offerings, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a friendly, collaborative environment through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
You will have the opportunity to work within our Valuations, Modelling & Economics team in Alberta (which includes Calgary and Edmonton offices). You will be responsible for leading and participating in valuation and financial analyses and applying valuation theories and approaches, analyzing market and research information, participating in the formulation of valuation approaches; developing valuation and other business models; and assisting in the preparation of formal and informal valuation reports for a variety of purposes such as financial reporting, transactions, tax, and litigation.
This position requires experience to cultivate and manage client relationships and people management skills. You will expand and strengthen existing client relationships by participating in internal and external business development activities.
- Serve as a member of and lead on multiple client engagement teams
- Identify issues and propose solutions
- Actively contribute to report writing and detailed valuation analyses and financial modelling
- Maintain and develop positive, productive, and professional relationships with colleagues and clients
- Demonstrate ability to listen to clients and to address clients’ needs
- Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility towards engagement team members
- Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client’s business
- Use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided
To qualify for the role you must have
- CPA designation
- CBV or CFA designation
- Minimum 5 years of experience, with minimum 3 of those years spent performing valuations
- Ability to synthesize client information and understand key business drivers
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Strong business modelling and analysis skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of financial accounting standards, in particular those standards relevant to valuations
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills (fluency in English);
- Superior analytical skills
- Demonstrated project management skills, including excellent multi-tasking, communication, organizational, teamwork, mentoring, and interpersonal skills
- An energetic attitude toward successful project completion and business development
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical with an attention to detail, and logical thinkers, with a passion for transaction advisory services and helping clients solve important problems. Being a strong team player is critical, with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our client’s goals.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.