Enbridge Inc. has a rewarding opportunity for a Manager, Investment Review in the Investment Review Department in Calgary.
The Manager, Investment Review, oversees the evaluation and assessment of greenfield development projects and acquisition opportunities brought forward by business units and corporate development groups for corporate review and executive approval. Working closely with multi-functional business development teams, the Manager will be responsible for the timely provision of critical financial and commercial advice and the coordination of Enbridge’s corporate review and approval process for large investment projects (generally >$50 million) and for ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures with respect to the evaluation and approval of large capital investments.
Coordination of multifunctional corporate review teams (Tax, Treasury, Financial Risk, Tax, Corporate Controllers) with Business Development clients to ensure timely and effective review of major investment projects. Oversight and coordination of the work of Investment Review professionals who are responsible for:
- Development and/or review of comprehensive financial models for new projects and business development initiatives including preparation of fully integrated financial statements and consolidation impacts, utilizing standardized valuation methodology to permit inter-project comparisons.
- Identification of and incorporation into financial models the appropriate tax, financing, accounting and legal perspectives.
- Review of financial, economic and other key inputs provided by the operating divisions to ensure they are based on realistic consistent assumptions. Identify potential areas of risk and suggests risk mitigants for specific projects.
Preparation of memoranda and presentation material for the Executive Leadership Team and the Board of Directors. Provision of expert financial modeling, valuation and commercial advice to selected major acquisition and development initiatives. Implementation of corporate wide methodologies, processes and policies with respect to the evaluation and approval of acquisition and development projects. The Manager’s role includes mentoring and training of analytical support staff throughout the company.
- Experience to include prior experience in commercial development/acquisition and/or operations of infrastructure assets.
- Financial modeling and business evaluation skills.
- Business education (MBA and/or CA, CMA, CFA) typically with a minimum 10 years of relevant experience or a combination of education and business experience.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Knowledge of regulatory, taxation and accounting issues.
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply on-line through our website at www.enbridge.com in complete confidence by November 25, 2011, 12 midnight Eastern Time, quoting Job Opening #15648.
Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Enbridge, where energy meets people, named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and Alberta’s Top 50 Employers for 2011.