Great Opportunities. Great People.
One Company, Infinite Possibilities.
Are you a talented, motivated individual who thrives in an environment powered by entrepreneurial spirit and an inspired vison for the future? We want you on our team!
WHO WE ARE
ATCO is a diversified global corporation delivering comprehensive solutions and service excellence in Structures & Logistics (workforce housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, and logistics and operations management); Energy Infrastructure (electricity generation, transmission, and distribution; natural gas transmission, distribution and infrastructure development; energy storage and industrial water solutions; and electricity and natural gas retail sales); Transportation (ports and transportation logistics); and Commercial Real Estate. ATCO is community-based with global reach and, over the course of our 70-year history, we’ve worked in more than 100 countries developing reliable integrated solutions. Our history has been shaped by imagination, courage, perseverance, and integrity – qualities that we seek in all potential employees. To learn more about what makes ATCO a one of a kind employer visit www.atco.com to see all that we have to offer.
Under the direction and leadership of the Senior Manager, Corporate Finance & Transaction Services we are seeking a full-time, permanent Manager, Corporate Finance & Planning to join our Finance, Treasury and Risk department in Calgary, AB. The Manager, Corporate Finance & Planning will play a key role in the corporate finance and planning functions of Canadian Utilities Limited and ATCO Ltd. Key functions include: financial analysis, research and modelling; long‐range forecasting; evaluation of strategic initiatives; and ad hoc requests in support of the Vice President, Finance, Treasury & Risk and CFO’s office.
Long Range Planning and Forecasting (Annual Cycle)
- Creation and operation of complex long‐range planning models in Excel.
- Consolidation of financial information received from Business Units.
- Development, scenario analysis and stress testing of annual long‐range financial plan.
- Preparation of annual business plan reports and Board presentations for the Board meeting.
- Work collaboratively with Business Units to obtain financial information, coordinate financial analysis and conduct consolidation.
- Work collaboratively with functional groups (i.e. accounting, tax, treasury) to ensure coordinated approach to the long‐range plan and appropriate accounting, tax and finance assumptions.
Strategic Planning (Annual Cycle)
- Utilize long‐range planning model(s) to conduct financial analysis for the annual strategic planning process.
- Evaluate and stress test various strategic initiatives, potential financing alternative and capital spending plans.
- Prepare annual strategic planning report and Board presentation(s) for the Strategy Conference.
- Provide ad hoc support to the CFO’s office in preparation for the Strategy Conference.
- Collaboratively team with Business Units and functional groups to evaluate various strategic initiatives.
- Assist in developing the ATCO Group’s financial strategy.
Corporate Finance & Valuation
- Conduct ad hoc corporate finance research to support Corporate Finance initiatives.
- Prepare ad hoc financial analysis, draft memos and prepare presentation(s) for the Vice President, Finance, Treasury & Risk and the CFO’s office.
- Work collaboratively with the treasury, capital markets and/or investor relations teams to prepare reports and/or presentation(s) given to Rating Agencies and/or Investors.
- Maintain an understanding of the ATCO Group of Companies’ strategic and financial objectives, and performance targets.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Sum of the Parts valuation of the ATCO Group.
- Perform valuation and transaction research to support knowledge of transaction multiples and perform ROIC and WACC calculations.
- Act as a representative of the Vice President, Finance, Treasury and Risk on significant strategic initiatives, including growth opportunities (greenfield development and acquisitions) and capital optimization initiatives (divestitures).
- Work collaboratively with the business development team to assess significant strategic initiatives, ensuring alignment with the ATCO Group’s strategic and financial objectives, and risk‐return profile.
- Work collaboratively with the business development team to ensure proper due diligence is performed.
- Work collaboratively with the business development team and functional groups to ensure appropriate financial model assumptions, inputs and outputs; including accounting, tax and finance.
- Perform financial model audits on the business development team’s deal models.
- Prepare business development update reports and presentations for the CFO.
- Review presentations and business cases prior to submission to the Executive and/or Board and provide feedback to business development teams.
- Ensure the appropriate policies, procedures and approval levels are followed.
- Coordinate corporate functions required to obtain approval of potential strategic initiatives and/or execute successful strategic initiatives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong financial modelling skills.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance, tax, and accounting concepts.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write concise reports and presentations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to verbally communicate multi‐dimensional issues in a clear manner and act with a sense of diplomacy.
- Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills and an understanding of how to use Bloomberg and Capital IQ.
- Knowledge of capital markets and the energy infrastructure sector.
- Familiarity with regulated utilities.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a rapidly changing environment with minimal direction.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Commerce
- One of the following designations is required: CFA, CBV or CPA. Candidates with a CPA or CBV may be preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience within an accounting, corporate finance, valuation or closely related role.
Closing date for applications is May 17, 2021. We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
ATCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.