Make what you do matter
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 50 years, we’ve had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future…and think big. We’re looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
TransCanada is currently looking for a Financial Analyst to provide financial, economic, and risk analysis in order to assist in the evaluation of energy infrastructure investment opportunities. These opportunities may include additional investments in existing assets, construction of Greenfield projects, mergers, acquisitions, or divestitures. This role reports to the Manager of Corporate Evaluations within the Corporate Development & Strategy department.
- Conduct detailed financial analysis of growth opportunities requiring commercial and/or investment decisions;
- Work closely with project team members and other internal experts in order to validate and refine modeling results;
- Obtain approval of assumptions and analysis methodologies from various internal functional groups;
- Identify key project financial and accounting risks and benefits; propose commercial or structural alternatives to avoid or minimize risks while maximizing benefits;
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of the overall results, assumptions and impacts of a project to various functional groups within the organization and to senior management.
Qualifications and Education
- A thorough understanding of the fundamental principles of economic, financial, and risk analysis;
- Advanced modeling skills, supported with project economic modeling expertise;
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills;
- A general understanding of the energy infrastructure business;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis, with a high degree of accuracy;
- Detail oriented with good organizational and planning skills;
- Capability and flexibility to respond to time pressure by adjusting work hours to meet critical deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in cross-functional teams;
- Some travel, throughout North America, is required.
- Ten plus years of related and progressive industry / business experience is required;
- University degree in Business, Commerce, or Engineering/Science, combined with at least oneof the following:
- A professional accounting designation (CA, CMA)
- A CBV designation
- An MBA (finance focus is preferred)
- A CFA designation.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Posting Closes October 3, 2011.
To apply, go to https://careers.transcanada.com/erc/apply.htm and enter reference code ASN50357807-01.
To view all of our job postings or to learn more about TransCanada go to http://www.transcanada.com/careers/
Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career options.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.