About the Company:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm that is listed on the NYSE. Since it was founded in 1982, FTI has grown to over 5,550 employees across 103 offices in 82 cities across the globe, generating revenues of $US 4.1 billion.
Our Economic and Financial Consulting practice features a leading team of experienced expert witnesses across many disciplines and industries. Our firm is recognized by the International Who’s Who of Commercial Arbitration Expert Witnesses as having the highest number of top experts listed (more than the Big Four accountancy firms combined) with 49 covering Europe, North America, South America and the Asia Pacific region.
The successful candidate will join an established and expanding domestic and international business valuation and damages quantification practice. Our Toronto-based group works on some of the largest and most complex cases in the world, including Investor-State arbitration and large international commercial disputes. These cases will give the successful candidate exposure to unique, complex, interesting issues, often integrating valuation, finance, accounting and economics, as well as legal procedures and principles of damages.
- Assist with the preparation of damages and valuation reports
- Assist with the preparation of critique reports examining the conclusions of other experts
- Conduct economic and industry research
- Analyze financial and non-financial information, and report findings to other team members
- Develop valuation parameters (i.e. discount rate, etc.) and prepare financial models
- Communicate with clients and counsel
- Prepare for and attend hearings, trials and mediations
- Manage the day-to-day requirements of multiple engagements
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Able to quickly assimilate relevant information in unfamiliar situations
- Able to develop creative approaches and solutions necessary to resolve complex problems
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent listening, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Language skills are advantageous given the international focus of our practice
- Willing to travel internationally periodically
- Requisite professional designations and work experience:
o Fully qualified holder of CPA, CA designation (required)
o Enrollment in the CICBV program
o ‘Big Four’ audit experience and/or 1-2 years valuation experience
Send resumes directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org