Richter LLP is one of Canada’s largest independent financial advisory firms. We are positioned in the market to strategically assist business owners, their families and high net worth individuals with both their personal and their business objectives. The firm continues to grow and develop superior expertise, serving business owners and executives with their financial needs in an integrated, highly customized, and holistic manner to synthesize the many complexities inherent in today’s business environment.
Richter has 56 partners; over 500 team members; and offices in Montreal, Toronto, and Chicago. Richter offers a range of services delivered by a multidisciplinary group of professionals including valuation, litigation and disputes, transaction advisory, business assessment, multi-family office, tax, accounting, risk management, and restructuring.
Our purpose is to better the lives of our clients, their families and the greater community. We are passionate about understanding business and driven to find innovative and creative solutions.
Why work at Richter
Recognized as one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People since 2008, we are searching for rising stars to join our team. With over 500 team members, rapidly expanding offices, and a variety of specialty groups, career opportunities at Richter are unparalleled.
At Richter, you will discover an exceptional work environment:
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Access to a variety of engagement opportunities across various industries and geographies
Richter’s Business Valuation, Litigation and Forensic Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services Division (“VLT”) is looking to hire a professional at the Associate or Senior Associate level for the Montréal office.
VLT strategically assists the legal community, financial institutions, companies and business owners to achieve their objectives as they relate to the following:
- Business valuation including formal valuation and fairness opinions, financial reporting, tax matters
- Disputes including shareholder, commercial, trademark, fraud, insurance claims, matrimonial
- Transaction advisory including divestitures, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), due diligence, financing
- Shareholder matters including governance, succession, disputes, compensation, agreements
A day in the life at Richter:
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Prepare business valuation and court-expert reports and related presentations
- Apply business, accounting, finance, and analytical skills to engagements (e.g., financial trending, modeling, ratio analysis, financial statement analysis, etc.)
- Synthesize meaningful insights from large sets of data
- Identify and participate in new business opportunities and other firm initiatives
- Develop subject matter expertise and showcase through course preparation, speaking engagements, article writing and similar
- Collaborate with professionals in various departments of the firm including tax, assurance, Richter Family Office and others
- Manage, train and mentor staff
What we are looking for:
- CPA, CA or CFA designation
- CBV designation or in progress
- Minimum of 5–6 years of relevant experience (including at least 2 years in business valuation and / or litigation support)
- Superior ability to conduct financial analysis and proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to rapidly identify key issues during an engagement and make recommendations
- Ability to handle multiple files simultaneously, delegate, and manage employees
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change easily
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and organizational skills
- Able to travel in Canada, as required (less than 10% of the time)
- Bilingual (English and French)