You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
With one of the largest teams of accredited business valuators in Canada, KPMG is a respected leader in the provision of valuations and fairness opinions. KPMG clients receive the attention of dedicated senior valuation professionals who remain actively involved in all aspects of the engagement.
Valuations are often subject to third-party scrutiny. KPMG professionals monitor the changing laws and sensitivities of regulators, standard-setting bodies, taxing authorities, and the courts. We adopt an anticipatory mindset to help ensure that contentious issues and potential objections are recognized and addressed prior to issuing our report.
Our valuation approach is rigorous. We invest the time required to understand the subject business, consulting with professionals from KPMG International’s global network as necessary. We combine our theoretical knowledge of sophisticated financial techniques with our practical understanding of capital markets. We excel when faced with complex and unusual issues. Our conclusions are well supported and our reports clear and concise.
What You Will Do
This position involves advising public and private businesses operating in a variety of industries on valuation issues.
Assist in performing valuation assignments in support of transactions, financial reporting, and other services across a diverse range of industries:
- Manage multiple engagements and successfully complete client deliverables on a timely basis
- Review business plans, financial statements, agreements, CIMs, etc.
- Prepare financial models, apply valuation methodologies in a meaningful way and perform financial analyses utilizing tools such as Bloomberg and Capital IQ
- Conduct industry and economic research
- Prepare and edit reports and memorandums, tables, and graphs
What You Bring To The Role
3-5 years of relevant work experience:
- Successful completion of the CPA, CA and enrolled, or willing to enroll in the CBV program, to obtain the CBV designation
- Strong interest in continuous learning
- Excellent work ethic and dedication to meeting deliverable timelines
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior members of management in a professional manner
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and valuation based software
- Technical knowledge in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and/or other accounting standards and fair value issues arising therein
- A self-starter who thrives working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters.
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG’s COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or phone 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.