At Richardson International, being truly invested is at the heart of everything we do. For over 160 years, Richardson has been dedicated to Canadian agriculture. Recognized as a global leader in agriculture and food processing, Richardson is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Richardson has approximately 3,000 employees across Canada, the U.S. and the U.K. At Richardson, we are committed to enhancing our facilities and services and investing in our people and our communities.
Working with Richardson opens the door to a world of possibility. We currently have an opportunity in our Corporate Development department located in our Winnipeg Head Office. We are looking for a dynamic individual with strong analytical and presentation skills to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Development, you will help the company achieve its growth objectives, through M&A and other capital investments. You will work closely with individuals across the company in finance, operations, sales, merchandising and logistics as well as senior management and executive team members in order to execute on growth opportunities.
- Evaluate inbound acquisition opportunities with a view of value drivers, potential synergies and upside opportunities as well as identifying risks
- Perform valuation and returns analysis on investment opportunities and building of the business case to present to senior management
- Create dynamic financial models for potential acquisitions
- Prepare and deliver presentations for Senior Management and Executive Team members
- Participate in due diligence activities on all aspects of a transaction, including managing the financial due diligence of potential targets, organization and participation in operational management meetings
- Market research for existing operations, key competitors and possible opportunities
- Ad hoc financial analysis of the company’s performance
- Help manage the company’s annual valuation engagement, and related management of the company’s five year forecast model
- Involvement in preparing corporate strategy documents for the company
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- An accredited financial designation (CPA, CBV, CFA) would be considered an asset
- 3 – 5 years related experience in a finance and/or accounting role
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral, with ability to deliver to varying levels of stakeholders
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with high attention to detail
- Financial modeling experience and understanding of the return thresholds
- Proficient in PowerPoint with experience in preparing presentations for senior management and Board of Directors
- Knowledge of or experience in agriculture and food processing considered an asset
Richardson International provides an excellent compensation package consisting of competitive salary, pension, a flexible benefits plan and training and career development opportunities.
Interested candidates should visit our website www.richardson.careers to apply online.
Richardson International values diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal People, Visible Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify.